MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of using the forte engine flush on my 1.4 16v, its done 70,000 miles, will it be ok to use it or would it just do more damage if anything?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
174 Posts
Linky

Swings-and-Roundabouts really....

You know how your engine runs at the moment. Flushing it will either clear away 70,000 miles of gak and improve it or it will dislodge 70,000 miles of gak that will go and clog up something important and make you worse off....

The other suggested alternative is running diesel oil due to its higher detergent levels....

Swings-and-Roundabouts....

DAVE

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I have nothing bad to say for Forte products, use it and flush your system through, i use the flushes everytime i do rads, or oil. My old cars engine oil used to come out looking as clean as it went in.

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
my mum was told not to have an oil change on her PUG's first service, the same person then went off on one next service because her oil hadn't been changed.
we were told the oil would always be black. took it to a mercedes service centre, who flushed it. oil has been golden ever since.

get it flushed, may sort out more than you think.

·
Registered
rover_25
314 Posts
I always use fortay
it got rid of my tappet noise in less than 50 miles on the rover 25. i cant fault the stuff its expensive but well worth the money and IMO well better than redex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts