MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I don't really feel like posting anything with the current situation but this product helped me out so it may help other people who have had the same problem as me (see below) as I have noticed a few on these forums.
I was having trouble with a 99-Reg 200 being hesitant and having a poor idle and I had changed everything it could be and also gave it a service which did not fix this problem. Some of the symptons pointed towards sticky valves but I wasnt totally sure. First of all I stuck a bottle of the wynns valve/hydraulic tappet cleaner stuff in for a week to see if it had any effect which it did, it did'nt completely fix the problem but the idle was better so I gave the full Forte engine flush a go.
Well I did the flush, drained the oil, filled up with new oil and added a bottle of the wynns valve/hydraulic tappet cleaner stuff for good measure and to my amazement it has fixed the problem :cloud9:

This worked for me so it may work for others who have tried everything and are still puzzled. I think I would use the turbo diesel oil (sorry if I am wrong bout that?) method I have read about on here in future as the engine made some funny noises while the flush was happening :err:

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Nice one!

Good to read about solutions to problems.

Perhaps our moderator can add this to the "how to" section - with suitable disclaimers of course.

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have had a lot of help from people from the various forums here so it is good if I can try and help back, although what works for me may not work for someone else :ts:
It was from these forums that I learnt about the forte products and thought what the hec it's worth a try.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
the forte systems are used by most manufatures service departments to help clean up the emitions as well as clearing the crud out the engine oil

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
sheddist said:
Nice one!

Good to read about solutions to problems.

Perhaps our moderator can add this to the "how to" section - with suitable disclaimers of course.
Good idea, job done!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Where did you get the Forte stuff from? Everybody praises their stuff and my mechanic tells me it's the only stuff actually worth using, but I can't effing find anyone that stocks it!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Major Ingram said:
First one is just fine, cheaper too!
Major which one is better, the ordinary stuff or the advanced?
I have found some of the advanced stuff even cheaper than the ordinary stuff £5 inc P&P.

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah it took me a while to find the forte products, I have seen them available in the plastic bottle and the tins mine was in the plastic bottle.
You can also buy them from here

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b13s26p0

I used them for the injector treatment as I could'nt find it on ebay, you would probably find the forte products cheaper on ebay though. But, just in case you cant than you can get them from camskill.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Major Ingram said:
Is it illegal to send petroleum based (inflammable) products through the postal system?
More than likely, but if everybody took notice of all the things that they are not supposed to send then the Royal mail would be skint by now as they almost exclude everything except actual letters!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts