MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I don't really feel like posting anything with the current situation but this product helped me out so it may help other people who have had the same problem as me (see below) as I have noticed a few on these forums.
I was having trouble with a 99-Reg 200 being hesitant and having a poor idle and I had changed everything it could be and also gave it a service which did not fix this problem. Some of the symptons pointed towards sticky valves but I wasnt totally sure. First of all I stuck a bottle of the wynns valve/hydraulic tappet cleaner stuff in for a week to see if it had any effect which it did, it did'nt completely fix the problem but the idle was better so I gave the full Forte engine flush a go.
Well I did the flush, drained the oil, filled up with new oil and added a bottle of the wynns valve/hydraulic tappet cleaner stuff for good measure and to my amazement it has fixed the problem :cloud9:

This worked for me so it may work for others who have tried everything and are still puzzled. I think I would use the turbo diesel oil (sorry if I am wrong bout that?) method I have read about on here in future as the engine made some funny noises while the flush was happening :err:

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have had a lot of help from people from the various forums here so it is good if I can try and help back, although what works for me may not work for someone else :ts:
It was from these forums that I learnt about the forte products and thought what the hec it's worth a try.

·
Registered
50 Posts
guys i have a rover 25 1.6 engine it starts fine then after a bit it goes sluggish if i push clutch in it will rev ok but if i try and drive it wont then all of a sudden its fine once its warmed up it seems ok just got the car so not sure about it yet

Would the flush work was it same syptoms as yours?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i used the forte fuel injector cleaner as i was having a lumpy idle on my 147k 220 gsi. cost me a tenner but was well worth every penny! most of the forte stuff seems to be very good.

Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
i've used all the forte products,fuel injection cleaner and diesel treatment both are excellent. their power steering and gearbox tretments are good too. BUT i have had problems with the engine flush. it was in the 80's/early 90's but both times i was asked to use that product by the customer,first time(mgb roadster)it knocked the bottom end out. second time(rover sd v8 31k miles) it took all the oil seals out and dumped its contents on the workshop floor. i spoke to the forte rep both times and they were clueless as to the cause but said it had been known before. i've never used it since,prefering to stick with wynns or morris's products. nice that some people seem to be getting success with it though and like i said,i think the injector cleaner is spot on.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Used the Fotre engine flush before, and hesitated on a high mileage cavalier but customer insisted against our advice.
The car lasted a whole half hour before the cam siezed up and ripped the belt to bit :eek:uch: Always use aditives with some caution.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Someone has said to me stuff about.

An engine with such high miles could have a build up of carbon or something thats blocking some holes in the engine somewhere along the line.

Using the flush would flush the carbon build ups and then obviously unblock the holes... leaving you with a fecked engine.

Diesel oil is going thtough my old baby ;)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
1.6 k-series
The stuff in the green tub... GTX castol? i dunno its £17 from halfrauds
Im guessing 10/50 ? that sound about right

I havnt put it in yet :rolleyes:

Im going to do it because im guessing it COULD solve my blue smoke upon startup.
Or AT LEAST reduce it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
w reg 2000 rover 25 1.6 80k miles
done the flush last week for stated time on bottle

made a slight improvement but still the odd problem with it driving after its hot and I switch off then back on 100m up the road and the revs drop once I dip clutch and rev it clears and its fine

don't know what to do next but if I cant be resolved looks like it will be sold or traded in

1 - 20 of 44 Posts