MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am a proud owner of an mg zr, that had a 620ti transplant to it. Being an enthusiast and wanting to show some real power out of my rig, I agreed with my engineer to try to break the 500 bhp power barrier. The thing is that with Rover being out of the car map for so many years finding parts in Greece is a nightmare. All our importers here stonewall me when I ask about forged Pistons and rods. They say that they have nothing about it or that they can't order anything because they are not sure about the exact sizes and measurements of the parts.

My question is, what are the correct sizes of Pistons and rods for my engine? The engine type is 20T4GK13 and it is a Rover 620ti.

Should I manage to find those parts sizes/types I can finally start to work towards that dream of a high powered MG ZR.

Thank you for your time in advance.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi,

Forging not something i've done myself, but seem to recal that Mahle were often piston/rod of choice when going the forged route.

I do not know the dimensions required for the T series; maybe Mahle could help. I seem to recall that quite a few who did this often rebored the engine to 2.1 L capacity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wossner make some pistons for the T series still. I generally use c20let forged pistons and rebore the block to suit.

PEC have some rods listed still. Most of the uk rod manufacturers will have the drawings on file so can go that way if you want.

Crank doesn't need changing.

Drew - streetelite.co.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the answers. I'll look into them. I bet the reboring is mandatory I presume?

·
Registered
Rover 620ti
3,020 Posts
you may find this website useful, theres an awful lot of nice looking bits on there

i just got their front mount intercooler, its well made and is going to get tested on monday at donington

1 - 5 of 5 Posts