MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't Ford buy Rover - I don't see why they shouldn't!

If Ford bought MG Rover they would own all three companies in the midlands - Jaguar, Rover and Land Rover. But I hope if Ford buy them they won't ruin the cars made, for example make Rovers all Fordy like they have done with the Range Rover and Jaguar!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Ford wont buy Rover cause they dont want to confuse the Americans cause they already own Land Rover.

Thats why BMW still own the Rover name, so nobody else can buy it and export Rovers to America.

Thats the way I understnd it anyway.

Besides which, Ford is in dire straits anyway, they are not exactly financially sound at the mo, along with GM and DC.

There are loads of threads on this topic anyway.

Try looking at some of these for information, inbetween the b1tching!!!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
burnleyfc said:

If Ford bought MG Rover they would own all three companies in the midlands - Jaguar, Rover and Land Rover. But I hope if Ford buy them they won't ruin the cars made, for example make Rovers all Fordy like they have done with the Range Rover and Jaguar!

Any thoughts?
Is that the same Ford Company that issued a profits warning yesterday, and which faces seeing it's stocks downgraded to "junk" status by the S&P ?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
burnleyfc said:

Any thoughts?
To late by 20 years. They wanted them in 1985 but even then were likely to close Longbridge.

Plus after being burnt by Jaguar they have enough problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts