MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Looks alright John. One of the later ones, XPG, trendy black wheels (were gridspoke an option on these? not in black of course) and the ZT's seem to hold there price better than the smaller models. Have fun. ;)

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Out of interest do these dealers call you when they get one in or do you just happen upon them?

Something like:
:idea: I've got an ZT trade-in, I'll call MG John!

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Sounds like you're the real life wheeler dealer; Mike and Ed in one.! Keep it up - I'd like to do similar when I have time. Many years to go until there's any chance of retirement for me though. Until then enjoyable small projects that take ages to complete...
:bgrin2:

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
:dunno: Resist - you'll probably fall out with the neighbors if you park up another car in the street...

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Bad luck - but better to find these things whilst scoping the work. May be worth having a good look under that loose arch to see why it's been off recently.

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Cripes John - you even have a special board to fit over the k series block!

Hope the weather improves. If it makes you feel any better, I got wet earlier this week fitting a new rear caliper to the zs as the old one was sticking. Had to be done as the car was needed...

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Happy birthday :gift:

What's the deal with the diesel then? Do you put it in instead of oil, and for how long? And do you run the engine at all?

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Interesting - I've used engine flush additive on oil changes on dirty engines. I guess diesel can do a more thorough job. Tbh, I'm a bit wary of really aggressive flushes in old engines as they can open up leaks.

Any tips for decoking valves on a head (apart from the 'Italian tune') that usually comes up. Does Redex or premium fuel help in your opinion?

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Glad the hours you put in are paying off. Nice surprise, that SS exhaust. :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts