MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've reluctantly deceided to see if I can finder a buyer for my 75.
There isn't room at my new place for 2 cars + a camper and it's not being used much as the X-type tuning is underway.

See website for various photos.

Its a Midnight Blue Classic Se 02 reg, saloon and I'm only looking for about 2k for it.

It's had one previous company owner (ex lease) who had it for 3 years and 90k miles. I've owned it for 20months and 16k miles.

It's in fair condition but would make a cheap project car for anyone wanting to move on from an L series car. (or a taxi!)

It has a
Synergy & Pierburgh maf.
egr bypass
decat
Sebring exhaust - no louder normally, loudish when revved.
Intake mod, boost spring.
Wood dash upgrade.
Wood/leather steering wheel with radio controls on it.

215/55 50% worn Hankook K105 tyres on 16" ZT alloys.

The clutch is biting at the top so will need doing in 5-10k miles at a guess. It doesn't slip at all, but allow £5-600, or less if you do it yourself - needs clutch plate, cover, release bearing, & slave cylinder - there's no point in not changing them all whilst the g'box is off. (Asking price allows for the clutch)

It's had a new in-tank pump, but otherwise has no faults. I.e.it uses no oil or water. starts straightaway cold or hot, the rad fan is fine. the a/con works.

MOT due in October. May need front-rear brake pipes as these were down as an 'advisory' last year though I have waxoyled them.

It drives like new, handles well, goes superbly, averages about 45mpg and is taxed until 31 03 08.

Ron

Once the lease is up on X-type, I'll be looking for a 75 Tourer.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Hope you don't mind Ron, I've amended the thread title, so it is a bit more descriptive - good luck with the sale :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
ron - this should be a historic "development" car! perhaps you'd get a few hundred more if you sign it somewhere or do a little plaque above the gearstick (like that Tipo that FIAT presented to Nigel Mansell for being world champion... "gee thanks guys")

This should fly off the classifieds at that price, being pretty well sorted.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ron - this should be a historic "development" car! perhaps you'd get a few hundred more if you sign it somewhere or do a little plaque above the gearstick (like that Tipo that FIAT presented to Nigel Mansell for being world champion... "gee thanks guys")

This should fly off the classifieds at that price, being pretty well sorted.
That's a good idea, why didn't I think of it!

Perhaps I'll set it on a plinth like the aircraft at the entrance to RAF bases!

Ron

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds to good for 2k surely you should get more for it. is it sold yet. keep us informed
It is certainly a lot of car, with a lot of miles left in it.
You won't find a better car for £2k!

However I am hoping for a reasonably quick sale (before June) and the price allows for the cost of the clutch change. I was going to do it myself but lack of time & a minor health issue means that's impossible.

I will probably put it on Ebay in a couple of weeks with a 2k reserve if there's no interest from forum members.

If I can't get £2K for it I'll put it into storage at an in-laws.

Ron

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
What would you take with a 420 as part exchange?

Why didn't this come up when I was looking for a diesel...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would you take with a 420 as part exchange?

Why didn't this come up when I was looking for a diesel...
Sorry, used to have a 420D.

Good car, but not good enough to change from a 75 down to!

Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts