MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Desperate times call for desperate measures I'm afriad and I've got to either sell the car or Brake it. So I;m selling her for £5500.00

The car will come with 12 months MoT but is not SORN and will be on my drive till it sells

Poor pic - will get a better one with it clean!

Some of the level of work that went into the build:

Engine in (during the build, I will get more pics)

Here are the details of the work done:

Preparation Work

Subframes Sandblasted to bare metal and painted

Every pice of suspension/brace-bar Blasted and powder-coated (all except the rear trailing arm and rear upper arm which have integrated bushes, the P/C process would burn the bushes so these were wire brushed and painted.)

Car body, fully undersealed

Suspension/running gear

Every nut and bolt on the running gear is brand new

Every bush bar the rear upper arm bushes and the Rear trailing arm bolt guide bushes replaced with polybushes from Polybush

Front lower ball joints replaced

Front Upper ball joints replaced

Rear upper ball joints replaced

Front TREs replaced

Rear TREs replaced

Compliance bushes replaced (new housings too)

Bearings replaced in all 4 wheel hubs

Fitted with standard dampers and X-Power springs (Coilovers are avalible for mega lows, but it handles like a dream as is)

Front Upper arm bareings replaced with full kit.

Thats every wareable item on the car

Brakes

Front Calipers are 4pot from AP-Racing

Front brake pads - Mintex

Rear pads - EBC Greenstuffs

Wheels/Tires

Wheels - Team Dynamics 1.2r Pro Race super lights

Tyres - All 4 are brand new Toyo T1Rs

Engine and conversion

Subframe from Woodsport. Has a Strut brace, tower gussets and 4 massively over engineered mounts.

Engine/Gearbox with all ancillaries from a 2002 UK Spec Civic Type R

Gearbox has a Limited slip diff of some kind, thats a few grands worth!

Clutch is up-rated, looks like an exeedy item

Spark plugs are HKS

Air filter is CDA carbon fiber

Exhaust needs a new back box fabbing up as it's a custom job for now, using a OEM TF back box...

Manifold is top notch and 2.5"... needs a back box to match

Custom Gear selector cables

Adapted Throttle cable

Coolant hoses are all custom, the main hoses are Samco

Driveshafts - custom, use Civic Inners and MGTF outers

New thermostat cost me £45 and a new genuine Honda Alternator belt was about £15

Oil Filter re-location kit

K-Pro ECU - fully programmable and ready for Nos/Supercharger/Turbo or whatever else you fancy!

Interior:

To be fair this is the only area of the car lacking... but you can do that to your own taste, it's basically standard :) I've got a grenadine dash in but have the black one too... nothing is bespoke here, the clock pack (bar the water temp gauge) all works as normal so no need to mess on! the clock pack needs replacing though as it says Adam-MGTF on it, but i'll do that at my cost :)

S2000 start button :)

Exterior:

MGFmania glass rear screen in red to match roof, this is great because A: its heated and B: you dont need to un-zip it to flip the roof down!

This thing drives like you wouldn't belive, and would make a perfect daily drive with an animal side, or a track day car, or anything in between!

The car is the only one of it's type, and the massive amount of work done to the running gear on the car make it drive better than new! It's already been Reader Car of the month in Banzai (before it was even finished) and MGE magazine want a cover feature on it!

Read my project thread, it speaks for itself!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dropped the price of the car big time... i'd like her to sell in a forum so i can keep track of her. If she doesnt go in a week or 2 then pistonheads it is

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my god. what happened?? i'm truly gutted that you have to sell. you're the only person crazy enough to do it.
I'll take that as a compliment lol :)

Going back to uni mate, plus some personal cercumstances mean its time to find her a new home!

if I lived in the UK, i'd have this off you :doh: always thought it was awesome!
If I sell my spare kidney to pay for shipping can I swap it for your GT-R... If I won the lottery I'd be going stright to Nissan and telling them to get me one by day's end! Lol sod your posh fiats and glorified beatles... That's a mans car right there!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam,

ive forwarded this on to a tuner friend of mine who is selling is 400bhp MR2 GTS, its setup for drifting.........
hey bud, it'd need to be Front engined RWD to drift mate, Mid engined cars can't compeate in the drift world :(

if he's interested in my car though thats great!

i suppose i could take his car in P/X but it'd only be to sell straight on, so i'd have to know i could make money on the deal if your with me? Is it a 4AGE or a V6?

She's on pistonheads now :)

2 weeks and I'll be braking, so im taking offers on the conversion kit!

·
Registered
581 Posts
A friend of mine is in the process of converting a TF160 to a 250bhp T-Series lump that he bought for his mini, but decided to go down the Supercharged 1.3 route with that.

He rekons it's quite a straghtforward swap, and only a few parts will need uprating, addition oil cooler etc... Considering his TF cost him less than £2k, and the conversion is likely to cost another £1500 absolute max on top of that (he's doing it all himself, trained mechanic doing these crazy things for years), what on this car, that is suddenly going to warrant an additional £3k+?? Is this really going to leave something like this standing?

I'm not trying to **** on the sale, I just find these types of car's crazy, the owners always seem to value them at the cost of the work that has gone into them, but in the real world, they usually lose the owner a lot of money. So I'm thinking maybe you went with the wrong engine if you wanted to sell the car on modified??

And yeah, TF's are crap for drifting lol, they just refuse to do it!! As said, not enough weight up front.

:)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
A friend of mine is in the process of converting a TF160 to a 250bhp T-Series lump that he bought for his mini, but decided to go down the Supercharged 1.3 route with that.

He rekons it's quite a straghtforward swap, and only a few parts will need uprating, addition oil cooler etc... Considering his TF cost him less than £2k, and the conversion is likely to cost another £1500 absolute max on top of that (he's doing it all himself, trained mechanic doing these crazy things for years), what on this car, that is suddenly going to warrant an additional £3k+?? Is this really going to leave something like this standing?

I'm not trying to **** on the sale, I just find these types of car's crazy, the owners always seem to value them at the cost of the work that has gone into them, but in the real world, they usually lose the owner a lot of money. So I'm thinking maybe you went with the wrong engine if you wanted to sell the car on modified??

And yeah, TF's are crap for drifting lol, they just refuse to do it!! As said, not enough weight up front.

:)
+1 tbh, i doubt you will get what you are asking for it... better to break it.

GLWTS though :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
661 Posts
Sorry Peter. This thread is years old.
Adam hasn't posted since mid-2017. No idea what happened to the car, unfortunately. However, you can look back and follow Adams thread and see what he did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts