MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cus: and its annoying me to the max!!!!! When in gear between 1st 2nd and 3rd something in the engine bay squeaks and then slowly dies when the clutch is fully depressed. Its not all the time but is quite frequent? what is the culprit as im going to silence it once and for all as its really p*ssing me off:mad:

·
Registered
mgf
5,479 Posts
Puzzling Nick.

You sure it is engine rather than suspension related? squeaks from the engine bay are normally rear upper shock mounts (especially if you have up rated shocks fitted). These can crack or even rip apart and it's not nice. First sign of this happening is normally a squeak from the rear when cornering.

Not heard of any other engine related squeaks other than alternator belts (which i'm sure you would recognise).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it gets faster with engine speed so would that be a belt? or a pulley or something else! I do have a shock squeak but this is defo engine related

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
N1CK said:
it gets faster with engine speed so would that be a belt? or a pulley or something else! I do have a shock squeak but this is defo engine related
Sounds like a belt to me. Is it more so when damp/cold?

I have had a squeak since getting my service a few weeks back, but it only happens occasionally and I am 99% sure its form front wheels.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i had some loose trim in my boot somewhere my garage took it out as it was of no use mine squeked loads and especially when cornering worth a look as i have no squek now!also found another reason for cabin rattles my bonnet catches needed oiling hope this is of help peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.