MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted my fog lights on wednesday and i told most of the people at the falkirk meet that i had done this but they werent switched on at the ecu.

My car was booked into the garage at broxburn today to get its new wing mirror and i foned up yesterday and played dumb by saying they werent working but i was told that it might have something to do with the ecu thingy.

Anyway my dad took it in for me as i was playing footie and they switched the fog lights on for free. I was well chuffed so for my fog lights i paid a total of just under £60. Cant see anybody beatin that.

Plus they are going to organise to get my car in for a full day to fix that scratch they made on my back bumper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno how long it took m8 because it was in gettin other things done to it and it was my dad that took it through for me. I imagine it would only take them about 5-10 minutes max. Jus try an plead ignorance but i reckon i only got it done for free because mine was in the garage gettin other stuff done to it. But by all means go for it. If u need the number jus reply an i will pm u with it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Got mines fitted but they dont work! think the switch is knackered cos the lights worked when they were hooked up to the relay bypassing the switch, now they dont turn on.

gonae chance taken it to the ex dealer and sayin they stopped working, and could they fix them for me (warranty work :lol: ) if they then find its not configured to the ECU then il just say i know, it wasnt yous who fitted them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
ANDYJ_ZR said:
Got mines fitted but they dont work! think the switch is knackered cos the lights worked when they were hooked up to the relay bypassing the switch, now they dont turn on.

gonae chance taken it to the ex dealer and sayin they stopped working, and could they fix them for me (warranty work :lol: ) if they then find its not configured to the ECU then il just say i know, it wasnt yous who fitted them.

if ye don't chance, ye don't get! lol

·
Registered
mg_zr
102 Posts
I didn't think they could do that.

Something to do with needing the lights on the car to see how bright they shine to ensure they've got enough power going to them............or maybe I just made that up :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts