MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i have read through some posts regarding this but still strugling

anyway my rcl fob is being a bit of an ass sometimes i thought it was the battery but i change it an worked fine for a couple of days now it wont work an takes like 5 - 10 minutes till i can get in my car or turn my immob off.
i have read about a code you put in but i dont have the code.

so is there any way of turning the immobiliser off, or any other ideas

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can get a 4 digit code from your instruction manual or official rover dealer, the manual will also tell you what you need to do. It involves turning the key left and right a number of times to disable the immobiliser.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the battery terminal connections in the fob. Also check that all the solder joints are good (particularly the battery ones).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fob

hi cheers for replying
ive not got any manauls, apart from one with a bit of service history but nothing in there that i could see.
o its a rover 214 si on a p sorry i didnt mention it before.

i just took the fob apart took the battery out, looked all in good conditon just a bit dirty so cleaned it up, held butons to get rid of any left over power put it back together an it worked but still not convinced its fixed.

i was just hoping there was a way that i could manualy turn the immobilier of in case my fob breaks an i miles from any where, or even worse if it happens to the missis id never hear the last of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts