MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to Rover 75 ownership (in fact I've not even driven one yet) but I'm looking forward to it.

I've bought a late 2000 model 75 Club with HGF. The owner was going to scrap the car despite it being in otherwise perfect condition with only 27k on the clock. The garage he took it to had told him that the engine was a write off and that he was looking at 3 - 4k to replace it. So I bought the car and a box of bits (inlet manifold, cam covers etc..) Anyway I'm not worried about the work involved with changing the head gasket although this is the first car I have owned with climate control/air con and I need to flush the sludge from the matrix. I'm I right in thinking that I have to set the aircon to max temp to open some valves so that I can flush through (not even sure I can do this as the fuel line is disconected and will go nuts when I turn the ignition on) or is it a case that the matrix is an open circuit with the heat control being carried out by the air con unit itself?

I think I've managed to establish from other posts on this forum that the matrix is located just above the drivers foot well...is this the case? If so is it possible to remove it without having to take out the dash?

One more thing...radio codes, can you still get them from somewhere? (It's not recorded in the little card) It's just that I'm having to do all the above with the battery connected.

Many thanks and keep smilin

Kris

·
Registered
rover_75
15 Posts
Can anyone help?

I've just bought a manual...some of the info I need may be in there I guess.

I've got the new LR gasket and rail (I'm replacing the big ends and the rings - nothing wrong with them but I took the pistons out and tanked them at work) When I have my new rad I'll be ready to go...once I know the answers to the avove questions regarding the heater matrix

Keep smilin

Kris

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Kris,

There is a post on here from sometiem ago describing how to flush the matrix. If you can't find it using search I'll try to have a look later.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
rover_75
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have searched the forum but I can't find anything specific to a matrix in car fitted with CC. All I don't want to do is rig up a hose and blow out the matrix only to find that I've broken a plastic valve somewhere between the matrix and the bulk head in side the car in the process.

if you do find something please point me in the right direction.

Cheers :)

Kris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts