MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

While driving to Archery and back last night, I kept getting occasional, momentary flickering of the engine bay temperature warning light come up on the dashboard. By the way, my car is a 1995 1.8 MPI

It probably happened about ten or twelve times in total during the 15 mile round trip. The light literally only stayed on for a max of about half a second, then it was gone.

It didn't seem to affect the running of the car in any way, but it did bother me.

I will get in there and have a look around for anything obvious later i.e. loose connections, damaged wiring etc - but I thought that I would also post here to see if anyone else had ever had this happen to their car.

Thanks in advance.

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
I did not experienced such situation, but just wanted to provide electric info since that lamp is durectly controlled by engine ECU. Engine ECU receuvec signal from engine bay temp sensor and if needed engine ECU fires engine bay fan.

If you need some elctrical diagram shout?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sorted now guys

I turned on the ignition and waggled the connection on the rear of the sensor and sure enough the light came on the dash every time.

So removed the wiring/connector and cleaned and tightened everything and now all good.

Hope that might help somebody in the future?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts