MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a bass tube as I need to support for my front JBL comps. I've seen these new FLI active bass tubes from Vibe. They tick all the boxes (compact, smart, well priced, well spec'd) so I'm thinking of getting one.

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about them or had any experience of Vibe's FLI range?

Cheers

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Got an Active 12" in my boot, plenty loud enough, sounds good for the money, well built. Can't go wrong if you ask me!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've had both the 12" and 10" FLI Trap active subs and both performed very well for what i wanted. Great plug and play kind of solution. Also using Vibe Blackbox amps and they are workign great too :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
There OK.

Can sound a little muffled, depending on the bass.

i have the Active 12" one, for some reason it goes off after been o nfor around 30mins, sometimes less.

Thought it was wiring at first in my Clio, but after also putting it in my ZR, with all new wiring, it still does it.

This may be a fault with the Sub its self though, as i bought it from a market!! Which was not the best idea.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There OK.

Can sound a little muffled, depending on the bass.

i have the Active 12" one, for some reason it goes off after been o nfor around 30mins, sometimes less.

Thought it was wiring at first in my Clio, but after also putting it in my ZR, with all new wiring, it still does it.

This may be a fault with the Sub its self though, as i bought it from a market!! Which was not the best idea.
I got a FLi 12" active sub from halfords and had the same problem now im on my 4th one from them as i keep going back with it and they say it not a common fault and give me a new one then a few months later same happens again. I would advise you to stay away from them IMO

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would advise you to stay away from them IMO
Too late - just bought one! Picked it up earlier and I'm very impressed by it. I need to tweak all the settings on the sub and head unit to get the best setup but so far it's great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts