MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96' 216 sli, should the indicator lights flash when the alarm is set?

If not is there a way to make it?

Thx

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
older ones didnt no....newer ones did. Only way to do it is with new immobiliser, with new immobiliser you would need new ecu iirc, so it wud be costly for ur flashing indicators

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
You can make them flash, if you are an electrical kinda guy. Someone on here did work on doing it himself, but he didnt get it fully working.

In a simple anwer, you cant get them to flash.

It was around R plate, give or take the odd few.

Mine dont:(

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
mine dont, but I prefer it that way

that way if someone nicks my car keys it makes it that much harder to find my car in a busy carpark :)

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
LOL yeh...these negatives we turn into positives...For example..quite related...

The doofer only works a few metres away....

This is a security feature, as if you open it from far away, someone could steal something from it.

/\
Yeah right!

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
There is no way to make the indicators flash on the older alarm unit. The difference is the later ones have two connectors a white and a grey one. Your one will only have the grey one. The white one works the interior light wake up/sleep, indicators and the passive coil. The range of the fob can be extended if you take the main aerial out of the loom. On all Rovers from 94 with the standard alarm have the aerial built into the wiring loom and if you take it out and lay it straight under the dash you do get better range.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Sejin26 said:
There is no way to make the indicators flash on the older alarm unit. The difference is the later ones have two connectors a white and a grey one. Your one will only have the grey one. The white one works the interior light wake up/sleep, indicators and the passive coil. The range of the fob can be extended if you take the main aerial out of the loom. On all Rovers from 94 with the standard alarm have the aerial built into the wiring loom and if you take it out and lay it straight under the dash you do get better range.
i assume that is the same for the 25.
Where abouts under the dash is the aerial? Don't really want to undo lots of loom to find it.

Cheers
25tdi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts