MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They talk about 9 lives, but I expect at my age it's more like THREE. Anyway, today I managed to put the back end of the TF out on a steep hill, near my home. I was pushing it in truth, simply wanting to see exactly what the little car could do, and I found out. Nothing mental but it wobbled, and I manage to keep cool :poop: (despite the pucker factor) and put her back straight, it was a weird feeling because it sort of happened in slow motion,:eek: the once straight seemed to do it again, like putting itself back on track, so to speak.:unsure:

Anyway it was interesting, not too scary, but enough to think OK so thats about as much as I want a thrill.:love:

Anyone unaware of the "Pucker factor I'll explain" The Pucker Factor, refers to the amount of vinyl you suck up your rectum from fear from scary car journeys? :love::ROFLMAO: All good fun, hay?

Registered
I did a 360 in my F one frosty morning about 10 years ago. Fortunately, the following car was far enough behind to easily stop in time.

After I rolled to a stop, we exchanged glances, smiles and thumbs up and carried on our way 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
mgf
They talk about 9 lives, but I expect at my age it's more like THREE. Anyway, today I managed to put the back end of the TF out on a steep hill, near my home. I was pushing it in truth, simply wanting to see exactly what the little car could do, and I found out. Nothing mental but it wobbled, and I manage to keep cool :poop: (despite the pucker factor) and put her back straight, it was a weird feeling because it sort of happened in slow motion,:eek: the once straight seemed to do it again, like putting itself back on track, so to speak.:unsure:

Anyway it was interesting, not too scary, but enough to think OK so thats about as much as I want a thrill.:love:

Anyone unaware of the "Pucker factor I'll explain" The Pucker Factor, refers to the amount of vinyl you suck up your rectum from fear from scary car journeys? :love::ROFLMAO: All good fun, hay?
Richard,
These cars have no Traction Control, and no ASR I think so you do not accelerate and power on on a sharp or even slightly sharp bend especially in the wet. My friend put on the power on a bent in an MGF she flipped and spun into a stone wall he had his 12 yr. old daughter in the car both ok he sent me the photo a right off. He got rid immediately and no more MG's for him. It happened me lately bringing my son to work accelerated on the bend wet road she spun but luckly I got it back just before the stone wall. So be warned ease off on the bends she goes off so quickly.

Registered
mg_tf
Just the opinion of an old man??
Anyone who pushes these cars to see 鈥榳hat it will do鈥, without ensuring you have the best of grip tyres, checked and inflated to the correct pressures, on decent road surfaces in good conditions - enters the unknown, at their peril, and to the detriment of others on the road at the same time.
Just enjoy them for what they are - cheap and enjoyable open air motoring.

In the Garage
MG TF
Remember when it comes to bends, slow in 鈥 fast out. In other words do all the braking before the corner and the acceleration when wheels are straight.

I am quite sure that knowledge gained after years of driving slightly tail happy cars (the Midget & TF) with the no driver aids helped me regain control of the family Skoda after we were t-boned at junction that put us into a spin.

Registered
classic_mg
I lost the back end accelerating hard up a hill with a slight curve at about 70mph. Scared the sh** out of me but probably not as much as the occupants of the car coming down the hill towards me broadside in their lane.

Got it back under control without any damage to anything . But never again - now older and wiser!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Richard,
These cars have no Traction Control, and no ASR I think so you do not accelerate and power on on a sharp or even slightly sharp bend especially in the wet. My friend put on the power on a bent in an MGF she flipped and spun into a stone wall he had his 12 yr. old daughter in the car both ok he sent me the photo a right off. He got rid immediately and no more MG's for him. It happened me lately bringing my son to work accelerated on the bend wet road she spun but luckly I got it back just before the stone wall. So be warned ease off on the bends she goes off so quickly.
My 2004 does have traction control Hobby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts