MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MY05 TF 115 now has central locking, rear audio speakers and powered door mirrors fitted as standard. However, these were not fitted as standard to the pre MY05 TF 115 and were not offered as a factory or dealer fit option. Having installed all these options on my MY04 TF115 I thought I would share the information on how to do it and so have put together this small site.

Hope the information is useful to some of you out there.

Good luck

·
Registered
mgf
5,479 Posts
Excellent site Gavin, saved in my favourites also. Top job :)

EDIT: Just wondering if this could be expanded, or have a sister site explaining how to add the MGF items that were deleted for the TF. Additional horn, underbonnet light, boot net etc etc.

·
Registered
mgf
5,479 Posts
F has 2 horns (a high and a low tone)
Underbonnet courtesy light
Boot net (some TFs have this too)
Illuminated ignition
Map pockets in the seat backs

Most of these were deleted when the TF was launched, none of them are particularly important, but if you come from an F to a TF they will be missed. The picture isn't as clear cut as i have made out though, the TF gained a lot of things too, like the uprated engines, stiffer side cills, better headlamps etc. Also, there were some items launched with the MY2K F that dissapeared shortly after, things like the boot lock protector and the rear light cluster protectors. The list of deleted OE items is quite long and i don't pretend to know even half of them. But a 'how to' on fitting these missing 'luxury' items to a TF might be a good idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.