MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering an mg zs120 now as i've been kinda scared off by the running costs of a 180....lol.

bigger choice of cars too and much cheaper.......

however quite a few that i've seen don't have front fogs........i know that the ones off my 25 will fit but do the 'blanks' have to be cut out or do they just push out as on the 25???

also are there any other things i should be looking for on these models???

looking at no more than 2.5 years old.......must be a '+' model and my budget is around £6000.

cheers

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
I think "+" models all have fogs so it shouldnt be a problem - the blanks need cutting out if they dont have the fogs - Usal K - series stuff regular services check the oil for mayo etc

On 4 doors make sure the boot saint full of water they can leak .

·
Registered
22 Posts
carlofbrigg said:
I think "+" models all have fogs so it shouldnt be a problem - the blanks need cutting out if they dont have the fogs - Usal K - series stuff regular services check the oil for mayo etc

On 4 doors make sure the boot saint full of water they can leak .
The + models do not have fogs fitted as standard. The + means that the nice things like electric windows/ air con was fitted as standard. I have a 120 and it does not have fogs fitted, but to be honest i aint that bothered, how often do i get to use them for what they would cost to have fitted. Anyways, less weight to carry so must be better performance, look at honda civic type R they dont have em either???

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oliverhadi said:
With that kind of budget Id seriously consider a 75
i know i cud probably get a 75 which is more modern and better specced but just can't see myself in anything that big.

the 45/ZS is a logical step from a 25.....

the cost of fitting the fogs ain't really an issue as i already have the foglights on my 25....just a case of sourcing a switch/relay.

not happy about having to cut the holes out though.......why couldn't they make things easy???

·
Registered
336 Posts
Depending on how much grill/mesh area you have, you could convert some standard spotlamps to back-fixing, as I have in the pic (left). The ZT doesn't need them, but I like the look of 'em.

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
you can get the switches from e-bay for a few quid and relay shouldnt be a problem as the switch is a latching one , so a standard relay will do

You will also need the brackets i think to hold them in position behind the bumper , I dont know if the same brackets as the 25 will fit - as your taking the lights out id take the brackets as well you might as well then if they do its a bonus

·
Registered
585 Posts
Fitting fogs to an MG ZS

A couple of weeks ago I did this on my Rover 45, completed the job in a couple of hours, the worst part is cutting the holes, the area to cut is marked on the back of the bumper (the bumper obviously needs taking off) the metal brackets then take the foglamps, they only fit one way and are marked LH and RH. You then fasten the assembly into the bumper all the holes are already in the bumper the top one is behind the bumper insert strip. The wiring is already in the loom, however the plugs on my wiring did not fit the foglamps so I've still got to change them. Also be careful not to damage the paint when cutting the holes, in hindsight I should have covered the outside area with masking tape. Good luck.

Some Pics here..http://gallery.mg-rover.org/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/20294

PS you will also need the rubber seals which the lamp seats against £8.00 each from MG Rover !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts