MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yes mate, just remove the handbrake surround. you will need to make sure that the supplier gives you a different rear bracket for the handbrake cable though so you can hold the armrest down properly.

2x7 and 2x8mm bolts to hold it down.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Yes, it's a simple mod - Mikey Perrin is usually the best source for armrests. Last time I got one from him it came with a caveat that it wasn't resold on ebay as they were going for much more. Don't look to pay more than £45-£50 + p&p.

The securing bracket is imperative - don't buy one without the fitting kit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are all the rover arm rests the same, e.g will an arm rest out of a Rover 200, or 214 etc. fit in my Rover 25? Looks the same, just wondered if the fitting was?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
i bought a cloth one off ebay but someone off here was sellin it and i paid £16+p+p and then i re-covered it in leather(not real leather tho) but it looks really good and is really easy to fit!! i'd recommend getting one to anyone

·
Registered
307 Posts
You might find that the seat rake adjustment dials are a bit tricky to adjust with the armrest installed, however its not impossible, and its a good looking and easy to fit modification which is worth doing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts