MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

Only had the car a few days, and the radio is starting to annoy me! :irked:

So I found my old Sony M800 unit and CD changer and planning on putting them into the car, but am wondering what the easiest way to achieve this is.

I know in previous cars, I bought an adaptor (for a company called autoleads, I think) - so that's no problem.

The part of the installation I'm not sure about is the electrics at the back.

Is it possible to get the original steering controls to work with the Sony head unit? And if so, could anyone suggest a source for the loom converter? does the standard unit use the ISO standard plug for power and speaker cabling?

Thanks all! :rocker:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jun-99 - >
BMW Loom with remotes
FP-24-00

PC99-X32*

SOT-060
06-060B
-
-
-
-
Jun-99 - >
BMW Loom
FP-24-00
PC2-05-4

SOT-060
06-060B
-
-
-
-
Jun-99 - >
ISO Loom
FP-24-00

PC99-X04*

06-050B
-
-
-
-
Mar-02 - >
ISO Loom

PC99-X39*

06-050B
-
-
-
-

That's a copy and paste from Autolead's site, but how do I know if I have a BMW wiring loom or not?

(Just noticed the March 02 - can't be that as it's a T reg car! :doh: )

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
If it's a T reg car then it is one of the v early production cars. It will have the Harmony double din hu and a BMW loom. As long as you get the right adaptor then the steering controls will work.

you are best getting a OEM single din adaptor as there are a lot of rubbish ones around. iirc you cna buy it from the online shop. It matches the interior plastic so looks OK.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good to me, thanks Mike.

(Just found the member's shop - quite a few interesting bit'n'bobs in there. Time to get the credit card out.......)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts