MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Really loving my MGF Trophy, the best car I've ever had.

Thought I'd by a few bits for it, fancied having a fire extinguisher, thought it'd look cool, and I suppose theres a little bit of safety, but mainly the look.

Its just a quick question, I now need to mount the bracket for it, its only a small one, and I have 2 possible places where it won't interfere with anything. It needs to be on the drivers side, as it took me long enough to convince my girlfriend we'd have enough space in an F, after selling a Focus to get it, so I don't want to rock the boat just yet.

I have worked out that I can fit it under the front of the drivers seat, attaching it to the raised section running the width of the footwell, or to the side of the centre console, to the carpet area, just near the drivers seat forward/backward adjusment leaver (hope that makes sense).

My question is, will there be any problems drilling 2 holes in any of these locations to mount it, not big, just self tapping screw size, are there any cables, pipes or structural issues I need to consider before doing this.

Any hints greatfully received, as the last thing I want to do is damage anything.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Not 100% sure, but if you are going to drill holes in the transmission tunnel, you have coolant pipes running to and from the radiator at the front of the car in the 'bulge' in the floor pan metalwork and directly above them, another pair of coolant pipes running to and from the heater matrix. So in my opinion, not a good idea to mount the extinguisher here.

Normally they are mounted as you say, in front of the seat (but on the passenger side).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts