MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a VI and fitted the 52mm TB, question tho do i need to change the cable?? i tried to fit the cable to the std nomal point where it would fit on the TB but it left it open so i connected it to the other point, unwound that square thing so it wasnt as slack but not sure if this is right. as the square thing is right at the end and so cant make it tighter however i think it might need to be tighter......yes i realise some of what ive said is confusing but i hope you'll understand what i mean...
cheers any help wld b appreciated

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
The cable has to round under and over the cam on the throttle arm and hook into the centre most hole, NOT the one of the bottom of the cam.
HTH.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as i said do i need a new cable, as my present cable isnt long enough to go all round!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill c if i can get a pic. not sure where id upload it to to get a link for u tho. but on the 52mm i bought theres two positions that u can have the end of the acc cable attatched to. and ive gone for the closer one. but doing this im not sure if ive been able to gget the throtle cable tight enough...ill have a look later tonight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts