MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally fitted the "Milltek" exhaust I got off ebay a couple of weeks ago having had a set of stainless steel fittings also off ebay come in the post Saturday morning.
Been a bit twitchy about doing it as the cat nuts and bolts on the car were very heavily corroded and being a former Japan car couldn't afford to damage it. Luckly the down pipe ends nuts came undone and was able to remove it from the car in one. then it was a case of gently cutting the nuts off with the angle grinder and knock the old studs out to replace with the stainless nuts and bolts.
Managed to get it all back on the car with the job finished in about two hours and looking very shiney:) .
Then had to go for a test drive....:bgrin2:
OW MY GAWD.....
Seems quite peaceful at tick over, just a deep bass like sound.....
But whenyou accelerate it barks aggressively!! and at high revs really screams!!!!!:evil:
The engine feels smoother and the car seems more alive, taking it round twisty roads was great fun, just hope I can live with it day to day:s2h:

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Congratulations on the new mod! :D

I'd think yours is the early one but if it's anything like mine the only downside i've got is long motorway runs can be a bit noisy, though for the odd blast now and again it's just the ticket! :hyper:

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got my miltek fitted last monday and yes it is very loud,i get alot of attention drivin now and and when i drive off in low revs. in echo type places it does sound similar to a Ferrari.:broon: .but dat is just my opinion.well worth it!!! esp with da K & N as well.alot louder then other peoples exhuasts on da road.:)

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
General out of interest, topic, observation, moan, rant etc..

Nearly always had a 'Sports' exhaust on my bikes down the years, and nearly always got warned/fined for said sports exhaust by that nice Mr Plod!.
Of course it did not take 'Sherlock Holmes of the Met' to see the nice shiny chrome exhaust on my bike/s had no baffles and no EU noise stamp on the side, so it was a nice quick £30 donated to the Police benevelent fund...... but of course cars are different.

Also had 'sports' exhausts on both my F/TF and of course no such interest re-noise has been forthcoming from said Plod, perhaps because this might involve him laying on his back and getting his trunchion dirty, but given that we are now all regarded as the evil destroyers of the planet and the only way to save the earth is to charge us all a bit extra for using the roads, I wonder how long it will be before some kind of random noise testing/checking is brought in to help relieve us all of even more of our hard earned?.

.:cus:

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,999 Posts
General out of interest, topic, observation, moan, rant etc..
...I wonder how long it will be before some kind of random noise testing/checking is brought in to help relieve us all of even more of our hard earned?.
Technically this should effectively happen at MOT time if the exhaust isn't E/ce marked (if it's too load it will no way pass this) and backed with a supporting bit of paper should fail the MOT. This doesn't happen at the moment but probably will in year or two's time. So if you have an after market exhaust it's a good idea to keep the OEM one in the shed or loft just in case you need it at MOT time in the future. Same if you fit 17" wheels etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts