MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a guage today, 30Psi from Halfords, with fitting kit, £19.99

Mounted it next to the headlight level adjuster..

When I ran the car flat out in 3rd the boost went up to 14Psi which was very surprising as according to another pressure guage I temporarily used the other day gave a reading of 18Psi at standstill!!! Looks like I still have 4 or 5 Psi to play with... Nice...

It even comes with a button that will change the colour of the dial to a choice of 7 different colours/brightnesses.. a gimick but makes it easier to read in a particular colour..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did turn it up, or at least I thought I did.. I'm gonna try one of those metal tyre pressure gauges on it.. they are never wrong...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, also.. would there be much of a noticable difference with another 4 or 5 psi on the boost???

·
Registered
556 Posts
Heh, that's the same gauge I have, mounted in exactly the same place as mine!

I used the cardboard from the packaging as a template, drew a circle the right size centering on the blank where the electric mirror controls would be, then just simply cut it out with a small hacksaw.

Then it's just a case of wiring up the gauge, fitting the retaining claw on the back and tightening up. :)

Glad I chose to put it there, actually, as it's a very bright gauge, could be quite annoying at night if fitted anywhere higher.

·
Registered
621 Posts

I used the cardboard from the packaging as a template, drew a circle the right size centering on the blank where the electric mirror controls would be, then just simply cut it out with a small hacksaw.

Then it's just a case of wiring up the gauge, fitting the retaining claw on the back and tightening up. :)

Glad I chose to put it there, actually, as it's a very bright gauge, could be quite annoying at night if fitted anywhere higher.
could you take a picture of it at night time so i can compare it to your other dials please

thanks mark

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Fuzz.. is yours the 3,000,000 watt 7 colour LED unit from Halfords???

I managed to get the hole the perfect size so as not to even need the retaining clip..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Fuzz.. is yours the 3,000,000 watt 7 colour LED unit from Halfords???

I managed to get the hole the perfect size so as not to even need the retaining clip..

Yup, it's that one! :lol: Quite an accurate little gauge, actually, I've used them before, and they compare quite well to the more expensive ones.

Mine sits in the hole quite nicely by itself, but I just put the clip on, well, because I'd probably lose it if I didn't, and might need it in the future! :D

It's not even tightened up, the gauge is quite happy sitting there without it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did you manage to work out the wiring diagram to get the leds to change colour on their own as the boost changes???

·
Registered
556 Posts
did you manage to work out the wiring diagram to get the leds to change colour on their own as the boost changes???
Didn't even know it could do that! :lol:

Everything seems to work, including the colour cycling modes, so I presume it's in there somewhere!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Right, best I can do, as my camera is rather useless at judging light levels at night. :p Should give you an idea of how bright the gauge is though, I have it set to red at the moment, which is the darkest setting.

In case you're wondering, the bright blue LED is my permanently installed phone charger. :lol:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Right, best I can do, as my camera is rather useless at judging light levels at night. :p Should give you an idea of how bright the gauge is though, I have it set to red at the moment, which is the darkest setting.

In case you're wondering, the bright blue LED is my permanently installed phone charger. :lol:
that is prety bright aint it! could you change the bulb for a lower watt one if needed?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that is prety bright aint it! could you change the bulb for a lower watt one if needed?
Not unless you are competent enough with a soldering iron to change 7 LEDs..

With it being mounted where it is, you can only see it when you want to look at it, as under normal driving your right arm on the wheel shields the light..

When I move my arm and it is set on the bright blue colour, my face glows like a demented banshee,,, lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts