MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An XPower Grey ZS180 drove past me today on Pacific Highway, not bad, doesn't look out of place despite its age (but it came head-on so I first copped an eyeful of the new front and the rest of the car was a bit of a blur)

Not sure if it's a sold car or a dealer test drive car as I live pretty close to the only dealer on the North Shore, the car was fully occupied so won't surprise me if someone's just taking it out for a test drive.

Aging design? I think it's hanging in there fine.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
when i was up at Christmas McCarrol's didn't have any in stock but that may have changed. BTW how's progress on their new Showroom at Artarmon? It will be nice to see Rover and MG cars return to their traditional North Shore home near Hotham Parade (bit of history for you - Rovers were sold by the then Rowley Motors for decades until the Rhonda days killed Rover in Australia... the new showroom is next door to the now New Rowley Motors)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think I know the one you're talking about, the Jag dealer with the Land Rover dealer next to it eh? I remember yonks ago (probably early 90s) they used to sell 827s there, but then I was a kid back then and didn't have much interest in Rovers so not entirely sure.

Just so happened I was driving to North Sydney today and think I saw a new building (something that resembles a pre-fab warehouse) sitting behind the Land Rover dealer, I had no idea it's going to be a new MGR showroom. :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
PatrickT said:
Christmas McCarrol's
I didn't know the Scottish did their own. :)

What surprises me is that now the range has been expanded from just 75s/TFs that sales haven't picked up yet, in fact continue to dwindle. Maybe it's too early to say that, I've yet to seeMarch figures.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
Roodosutaa said:
I saw a new building (something that resembles a pre-fab warehouse) sitting behind the Land Rover dealer, I had no idea it's going to be a new MGR showroom. :)
It's not - the prefab building behind the LR dealer in Hotham Parade is actually the parts and repair dept of the LR dealer. The new McCarrol's showroom is on the Northern side of the Jaguar dealer. It'll also be a shared job with Citroen - just like the current Lindfield showroom. It's a small site (an old service station) and smaller than the current Lindfield site, but it'd perfectly placed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts