MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sun out, cat gone out, time to get the HT off for the first time, and down to the beach. Didn't even wait to put our new Newton mesh wind stop on until we got back. Having had the car for only 4 months now, three with the HT on, surprising how it changes, mirror rattles etc etc. Deffo feels firmer, more solid with the HT on, but it can't do, got to be a false impression as it's only clipped onto rubber seals.
Still feels good, got to be the reason I got the car in the first place :bgrin2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
The rear-view mirror kind of slides down from above onto a metal bracket that's glued to the screen. If you slide it upwards it will come off.
Cut out a small rectangle of cardboard from a cereal packet twice the size of the mirror bracket, fold it in half, and slide it into the hole on the mirror that fits over the bracket, bend pointing downwards. Slide the mirror back onto the bracket and the card will mean that the mirror wedges tightly onto the bracket - hey presto, no more rattles!
Mark

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, sounds a good bodge, I was going to try and do something about it tomorrow morning, but I think I'll have a go at it tonight.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Totally different car with top off, glad you had a good day too Jerry, :D see you next week at SWMGF meet where i hope were all topless, Dave

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blackadder, thanks for that, I used bluetak in the end. Will road test it tomorrow!!

Dave, first outing for new windstop tomorrow, it's got a "ghosted" MG on the back, so you can't see it through the mirror. If the weathers good I'm hoping it will prove its worth.
Did you see any of the chat room stuff on Weds before 8.00pm? (re comms)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Nope unfortunately Jerry, i had visitors Wednesday and blinking forgot when they left,will def be on this wednesday hope that subject brought up again,Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts