MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i just bought my first MG its a TF 1.8 02 plate with 42000 miles on the clock. Im just looking for any advice in general and allso wandering when the timeingbelt/cambelt should be changed and just little tips that anybody might have. Cheers very much

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome to .org!

Have a read/search around the forums for advice on any specific problems you may have, but one thing that is recommended is check your levels periodicly(sp). If anything seems out of the norm, do not feel you will look like an idiot by pulling over to check things. The worst thing you can do is carry on, that just makes things worse!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
HI i just bought my first MG its a TF 1.8 02 plate with 42000 miles on the clock. Im just looking for any advice in general and allso wandering when the timeingbelt/cambelt should be changed and just little tips that anybody might have. Cheers very much
The cam-belt/s (there are 2 on the 160 VVC) change is 60K miles or 4 years WHICHEVER comes first, so if you have nothing in the history to show it's been changed then you are long overdue!.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts