MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a powercut this morning, and since then I have been unable to save photos/pictures to my hard-drive. When I click "Save As", it goes through the motions as if it is saving them, but when I check the folder, nothing has been saved.

If I carry out the same procedure using Internet Explorer, it saves them as it should.

Has anyone come across this before, and can offer a solution.

I have tried uninstalling Firefox, and reinstalling it, but it is still the same.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
two suggestions:

first, try starting firefox in it's Safe Mode. then go back to normal mode.

Failing that, add " -p " to the program run line to create a new profile in case your existing profile is corrupt (which an uninstall wouldn't necessarily get rid of).

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Steve, I'm a bit of an amateur, can you explain the second part of your solution.

Cheers

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice D has just explained what you meant Steve, and it has worked. A big thanks for your quick solution ;)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Its your PC's way of telling you it wants you to use a decent browser Ian :rofl:

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yeah its fine.

Bit buggy in comparison to IE7 and less secure (but that means using IE7 properly).

It was just a joke at what would have been the first comment if it had been an IE issue.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find IE7 so slow in comparison to Firefox. In a panic, I even downloaded Netscape 8.0 which although quicker than IE7, is still a mess.

I'm glad to have Firefox back working for me again ;)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I find IE7 so slow in comparison to Firefox. In a panic, I even downloaded Netscape 8.0 which although quicker than IE7, is still a mess.

I'm glad to have Firefox back working for me again ;)
I agree and love firefox.

It has a major issue in terms of some sort of memory leak which leads to heavy processor utilisation, even when idle, if it has been open for a while for some reason.

I tried using IE7 for a while but it is soo slow and pretty unstable so I have gone back to firefox. Just wish they would sort the processor usage/memory leak problem

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Industry tests have found IE to be 7% faster then Firefox when both are optimised.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Industry tests have found IE to be 7% faster then Firefox when both are optimised.
Really? I use both and find IE to be very, very slow in loading pages and I am unable to scroll for a few seconds until it loads the whole page.

Any tips for optimising IE7?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts