MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Quite nice mate, but (aint gonna be the only person to say this im sure!) it needs lowering badly!!!! Love the wheels, what are they?

·
Registered
121 Posts
seat covers are cool, will they fit the mk2, do they do them in red, oh and where'd you get em from?

car looks sweet, but again me thinks it needs lowering a bit!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are certainly right lads, could do with lowering... but.. have you EVER driven on Irish roads? Pot-holes are more common than white lines unfortunately. I have a bad back (Broke it last year... car drove over me... long story) so lowering would make for a really uncomfortable ride)

The seat covers were bought at a local shop here in Ireland. It was a once off im afraid.. I was totally lucky to get them. They only cost me 50 euro, theyre a PERFECT fit and even have the Rover logo on them!

The shops name is "MotorStore" and theyre based all over Ireland. You could give the Galway shop a ring :

Motor Store353 91 56 47 70

Or if you like the next time im in there ill ask..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and the wheels. Theyre 17" Wolfrace/Excite Suzuka Full Chromes on 205/40/17 ... I like :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
not bad for seat covers, wouldnt have known had you not mentioned it, looks good does need a drop though without doubt.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you juse buy aftermarket springs to lower or do you need dampers also? I've a bad back.. would lowering stiffen it up much? it's already a hard ride with the 40mm profile tyres...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're not 'fake discs' theyre just covers for the drums. They came with the car, personally I wouldnt be bothered fitting them on but I left them on as they look better than the drum.

Theyre just a quick fix until I upgrade to my ZR 160 brake setup

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Funny how you get an impression of what you think somebodys car might look like...
Yours wasnt what i was thinkin of at all!

Thought yours would be rather standard for some reason!

Would lowering springs with dampers set to a decent rate help? Maybe ask Steve B if anything he can supply would be any good.

Ive got 17s and avo springs and the ride isnt harsh and you dont feel the bumps as much as you do in other peoples cars.

Like them seat covers, 50euros...bargain or what!?

Needs an armrest:)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
michaelperrin said:
Funny how you get an impression of what you think somebodys car might look like...
Yours wasnt what i was thinkin of at all!

Thought yours would be rather standard for some reason!

Like them seat covers, 50euros...bargain or what!?

Needs an armrest:)
Firstly, ill take it as a compliment michael.. Thank you :) . I'm quite fond of the interior as I did the spray job myself. Considering id never sprayed anything in my life before it turned out really well and im delighted with the turn out.. and myself! And also the interior lighting cost me less than 25euro altogether as theyre all LED's... Just took a long time and patience (Especially with sanding the speedo dials)

Secondly, yeah, those seat covers were a bargain! Theyre such a good fit... no excess material anywhere! If I see any more of them in my motor store today ill let people know...

Thirdly, yes it does need an armrest, it also needs a smooth front grille and a smooth boot handle! Pitty the owner is so poor!

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
Very nice mate as every one else has said just needs lowering and mabey colour codeing that front grill. like that interior :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
glennroy said:
Very nice mate as every one else has said just needs lowering and mabey colour codeing that front grill. like that interior :)
Funny you should mention, im just after getting a txt saying that my grille is in the post... I'm going to de-badge it and then colour-code it.. should make the front look sweeter. The interior is sweet alright, considering I was on such a budget.. Only cost me a can of spray paint and some 400 wet/dry! (I am an 18 year old full time student afterall!)

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts