MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My zed finally lowered on Avo's, i just wish i had done it much sooner, the handling is amazing :D:D:D:D:D:D
Before

During, before we got soaked to the skin in a terrible downpour

And after :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks awesome mate! Did you do it yourself? I got a quote from a local company and they want £300 just for springs and the labour.

Did you fit dampners aswell or just the springs?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got my springs from banshee motorsport for £110 delivered. My mate fitted them for me. I was quoted £100 for them to be fitted so i think they're trying to rip you off at that price mate. Just fitted the springs, will get around to dampers soon tho.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edicap said:
Think I'll try them then! Does it make the ride much stiffer?
you certainly feels the bumps a lot more, but the difference in handling more than makes up for that. And for a bully bonus, its easier to wash the top of the car cos its lower :p

plum25 said:
Might slam my 25 on some zr avo's, will i need to change my shocks and dampers aswel though?
considering you would be dropping summat like 50mm if u use zr avos, if i was you id deffo use zr dampers as well mate.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
120ayr said:
pmfsl, yeah thats it mate, i want it to look ruff as a badgers nads :D:D:D:D:D:D
Looks smart as mate, is that a 35mm drop? dropping mine the same and if thats the result i will be a very happy chappy indeed!

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
120ayr said:
it certainly looks better, but the handling is amazing, cannot beleive the difference!
glad you think so. I did mine on the same springs and feel the standard 160 set up was better for handling and ride quality. It looks a lot better and if the road is smooth it will go round a corner no problem lowered.

If the roads bumpy its useless. tempted to go back to the standard setup :errx2:
Hit a bump at speed and the car just goes where it wants. If all british roads were nice and smooth id be extremely happy but unfortunately they are not.

Watch when jacking the car up by the way. The springs are that short they can drop out of place.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lmarshal Watch when jacking the car up by the way. The springs are that short they can drop out of place.[/quote said:
The rear springs have tie wraps to keep them on the strut, its an mot fail if they arent. the fronts are ok. Theres so little give now that when i try and jack a front wheel up, the back comes off the ground as well. :D

for me, the handling is so much better, i dont mind the ride at all, but each to their own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts