MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this through ebay (surprise surprise) for 20 quid brand new....got it yesterday, realised very quickly that I should've read up on what was needed to play it first... :doh:

20 quid for the game, then you need the 20gb harddrive....there's another 70 quid I've spent this morning....then it's really quite important to have a USB keyboard....fortunately I've got one of these so it's no problem there....

Started installing it nearly 3 hours ago....and after a huge heap of forms to fill in and agreements to agree with I finally thought I was ready to play it....then it said it had to update itself....and came backtelling me it had to update 1,783 files....you've got to be having me on....it gets worse...I've attempted to update it twice already, but my stupid connection keeps dropping every so often, and if you've not completely updated you have to start again....I think it's going to take quite a while to be playing this....I'll let you know how long it finally takes! :slap:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GODDAMNIT!! It's dropped the connection again....let's try it a 3rd time....it got 77% throught the update and stopped... :twak:

It's currently 46% through the 3rd attempt....DONT YOU DARE DROP THE CONNECTION AGAIN!! I'm getting a bit annoyed now... :mad:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!

83% this time.....on with the next attempt.... :twak:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It bloody well isn't fun....I'm on my 14th attempt (I think) now....keep getting the same error message at roughly the same point during the update....can't get any further than 84% through it.....I'm really quite MAD!! :mad:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got most of the previous Final Fantasy games, VII, VIII, IX, X and X-2 and yeah, VII was probably the best storyline. :)

I'm still trying to install updates....this is going to take all sodding day....and I still wont have managed it....thought about updating the firmware on my router to see if that might be anything to do with it, then found that there's no more firmware updates available.....I'm on the verge of drinking too much stella to calm myself down... :mad:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
what i have heard and seen there remaking 7 and making more games from it using the back story and chareters

Gra have you seen avant children yet

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet, my missus wants to get me it for my birthday so I've been avoiding it! :D

Still trying to update my game....must be on the 30th attempt by now... :rolleyes:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sod it, I give up for today....can't seem to get past 84% for some reason... :mad:

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Master Yoda said:
is it a genuine game or a copy or even the us version gra
the only back-story game i know of is the one using Vincent... Dirge of Cerberus (sp).

Advent Children was ace though and I thoroughly enjoyed playing through VII. VIII was excellent too.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Master Yoda said:
is it a genuine game or a copy or even the us version gra
It's a genuine game, not copied and it's the UK version. I wish playonline had their helpline open during the weekend....lazy sods only open between 9am-6pm on weekdays....not much use because I'm at work.... :twak:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bazza said:
Gra do you think you'll have installed by your birthday? I mean, you only have 5 weeks left :haha:
Probably not....but I refuse to not get it working!! I've spent a whole day doing it.... :doh: :slap: :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts