MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all
Can somebody please help me out, I have owned a MG 115TF for about 9 months and all ways seem to have problems filling up with petrol. I have tried different garages, held the nozzle in different positions and tried to fill slowly but can never completely fill the petrol tank up. Is this a common fault?

MRJ

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Problem since 1995 when the F was introduced. I've seen piccies from the TF production line showing the final splash for a road test - guy holds the nozzle at 90 degrees. Even French filling station owners know the trick.

My car normally stops normal filling after about 37Lt and then fills slowly & carefully right past 50Lt to full. Don't think I've ever seen the gauge pointing to full even when fuel running down the car body.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
If the 'turning to nozzle 90 degrees trick' doesn't work, take you car back to the dealer and ask them to remove the kink from the flexable pipe between the filler and the tank.
I used to have the same problem on my F, when is saw the shape of this pipe it was no wonder :yikes:
I undid the clips on either end and pulled the pipe straight (not easy).
After that, I never had a problem again :p

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice sig :D Did I read somewhere you are getting the PIAA bulbs sutski? Might be interested myself if they are worth the extra pennies. Your sig makes me want to buy a ski rack and some skis, even tho I can't ski :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Cheers all (and most of all Caz!!)

Am still waiting on my brushed ally knobage and windstop from MS (trouble with the courier or something like that) and am also waiting for pay day!! (today:naughty: ) will indeed be getting the PIAA bulbs v. soon as I really am not happy with the normal headlights still.

May hold off though and get the MS foglamp kit instead.....

Because it looks like a baby Aston is why it looks Bondesque by the way!!!:yikes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.