MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i fill up with petrol my car wont take the whole hose, i have to put it in about three quarters and press the petrol trigger gun about 3 quaters of the way or it just clicks (like when the tank gets full). hope that makes sense... anyone else find this???

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
It can be done, I find putting the nozzle in side on usually works, I think some nozzles at brands/stations are different though.
Takes a bit of trial and effort really..

Jonathan

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yeah it was the same on my old car :)shh: a corsa). Just have the gradually learn how to insert the nozzle for whatever station you use.

Jonathan

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
If when you insert the nozzle, rotate it 45degrees towards the front of the car, you should then find that filling up is nice and easy.

Maybe..... Works for me though.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
I seem to think there was a thread about this a while ago, I think Jase's solution worked best, but tbh, i don't have a problem at the Jet station I use 99% of the time.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yeah I think i've seen it a few times, usually new TF drivers ask it, and the clutch being on/off, and pedals being stiff.

Jonathan

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've tried every angle under the sun to get it to go in full blast but no success, max half trigger at any angle at any filling station for me, really pishes me off too.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just as a by the by. Optimax pumps have a thinner nozzel. Youll have no troubble filling up there. Maybe your car is trying to say something.

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
AndyBrad said:
Just as a by the by. Optimax pumps have a thinner nozzel. Youll have no troubble filling up there. Maybe your car is trying to say something.
Do you think that this is a ploy by SHELL to try and get us to pay more for our petrol ?

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
jase said:
Do you think that this is a ploy by SHELL to try and get us to pay more for our petrol ?
Well yes, some people say it makes a difference, though possibly a placebo effect, thinking it's actually better when it's not.
I know some engines do benefit from it being a higher octane, don't think the K does though.

Jonathan

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
No, the K-series doent benefit from a higher octane petrol. This simply down to the engine not having a knock sensor, So is not able to disguish between RON95 and 97 grade petrols.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well it goes a damn sight better on mine than standard stuff. I know it doesnt have the knock sensor and i can see no reason why it would work but it does. It does reqire constant usage though. Put one tank of cheap in and it takes 2 tanks of optimax to get it back

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Optimax is supposed to contain better cleaning agents too, and i suspect it is better filtered. These points alone should show some minor performance benefits from long term usage.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Insert and twist works for me every time ..... otherwise its click click click all the way ...has something to do with the internal fuel hose I think ... funny angle which fools the pump into thinking its full

1 - 20 of 37 Posts