MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the slow selling Croma was reduced to 'Special Build Only' status in the UK, it seems that the Idea has been axed from the UK line up too.

Looking at Fiat UK's website, it seems that the Idea has been removed completely, whereas the Croma is at least still shown on the site.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
How long has the 'Idea' been on sale here? The reason I ask is that I saw my first one last week and now this story. Never been advertised much has it?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
How long has the 'Idea' been on sale here? The reason I ask is that I saw my first one last week and now this story. Never been advertised much has it?
It was when launched. The trouble was that the Meriva had turned up and quietly conquered the entire sector.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
It's a shame the Idea never really took off here. I guess the last-gen Punto underpinnings didn't give it the best start in life but it looked cute and had a a smart interior. It was a fair bit cheaper than the Meriva too iirc.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Not having much luck are they? They got rid of the stilo, now reduced the croma... shame as i liked them both.

Hopefully when the new brava is it? when that comes out should be a good car.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Yeah the new Bravo is due in a couple of months. It's based on the Stilo and has a had a lukewarm reception from the press. It's not had bad reveiews and they seem to like the car but they say it still can't touch the Civic, Golf or Focus for drive, refinement or quality though. Looks stunning though and I'm sure it should sell etter than the Stilo did despite the lack of three door.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The trouble with Fiat is that seem to muck around with the ranges pretty quickly, and facelift them randomly, so the buyer never actually knows what is current and available. It must also play havoc with their stock levels, with alot of models being obsolete.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
The trouble with Fiat is that seem to muck around with the ranges pretty quickly, and facelift them randomly, so the buyer never actually knows what is current and available. It must also play havoc with their stock levels, with alot of models being obsolete.
I think that's just the hap-hazard Italian way of doing things :lol:

·
Registered
10,197 Posts

This is the Idea. It was only released in 2003 iirc which is why you might not see very many about. It was facelifted last year but got little else other than clear indicators and some new trim.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I mean for fist to let something like that see the ligh of day was just stupid, they could have added a bit of italian ness to the design like they did with the lancia version. Well change the headlights and add doutone paint option.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
It's about time FIAT took such radical action against the poor performers of their model range; the Croma is a horrible and pointless car and was doomed to failure. I never thought there was anything really bad about the Idea though, just a little bit bland on the outside if anything.

I would rather one of those than the Corsa-based Meriva.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
The Idea would have been much more appealing if the Lancia version had the was sold here. Its called the Musa and comes with better styling, more equipment and more luxury.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
198 Posts
@MGR_Petrolhead: You know what's funny ? The Lancia Musa outsells the Fiat Idea in its homemarket Italy... and it costed just 60 million Euro to "develop", if we can really talk about development here, the Lancia Musa. (Yes, I know the Musa is just a tarted up Fiat Idea, but the Musa buyers don't care about that.)

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe we will get the Lancia Musa, when Lancia is relaunched back into the UK next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts