MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im only new on here but have a few we problems with ym R200

I do have a feeling there is something up with my electrics in the rear of my R200?

Rite after finding out that my rear wiper and washer didnt work, i set about trying to figure out what the problem may be, the fuse had blown. After replacing this it was discovered that the pipe to the washer had kinked when entering the bootlid, now also fixed. So when the wiper went to park it blew the fuse again. It was thought to be the wiper motor so a second hand motor was purchased and fitted this evening, once again the fuse blew on the wiper parking. Any idea what this may be? Bad earth?

Although this hasnt happened in a few days but, My boot light comes and stays on even when the boto has been checked to see if it is closed?

And finally for now, when opening my car the tail lights flash? This shouldnt happen.

Any help here will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Almist definitely the wiring inside the rubber grommet that runs from the bootlid to the roof, on the drivers side, a common fault. The wires inside have most likely chafed through their insulation, causing both the light problem and wiper fuse blowing. If you've fixed the washer pipe you'll know where it is, just look on the other side of the boot this time. Solder the wires if they're badly chafed or any are split, and then cover any repaired or lightly damaged wires with loads of insulating tape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almist definitely the wiring inside the rubber grommet that runs from the bootlid to the roof, on the drivers side, a common fault. The wires inside have most likely chafed through their insulation, causing both the light problem and wiper fuse blowing. If you've fixed the washer pipe you'll know where it is, just look on the other side of the boot this time. Solder the wires if they're badly chafed or any are split, and then cover any repaired or lightly damaged wires with loads of insulating tape.

Just looked at this where the wires enter the boot and Ouch!. there are three wires that are lose, hope to get this sorted today after i have completed other work so i will keep you posted on whether this is a sucess!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have now solved these problem and everything seems to workign grand apart from the hgih level brake light which im near sure was working before. Not sure what is wrong with it.

i have a problem with my heater only working at speeds 3 and 4, after doing a little research and reading on here i think this is the resistor situated behind the glove box. Would this be correct?

One other thing should the indicators flash when locking / unlocking the car? The reason i ask is that i think they dont, as my parents 1995 'wedge' shaped 200 thid didnt happen but their current 1998 buble one does. Mine is a 1996.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
One other thing should the indicators flash when locking / unlocking the car? The reason i ask is that i think they dont, as my parents 1995 'wedge' shaped 200 thid didnt happen but their current 1998 buble one does. Mine is a 1996.
No it's a bit too early. My 1996 bubble didn't, but my 2002 ZR does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts