MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i was at a sprint today in curborough, fradly and their was an MGF racing 1.8VVC and it had an exhaust system on it which made it sound like a ferrari very high pitched my god did it sound fantastic, the pipes were/looked DTM stlye slightly upswept, i dont suppose anyone has this exhaust do they? the sound was just fantastic very very impressed.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
A bloke at work has an MGF Panther (im sure it says Panther on the back), its got a nice body kit, and his exhaust makes it sound like a Ferrari.

Dont know if it was standard on this edition.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yup sounds like a Milltek to me, thats what I've got with the quad finishers (rather than the two) but essentially the same exhaust. It has quite a distinctive whail to it!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mike200SEi said:
A bloke at work has an MGF Panther (im sure it says Panther on the back), its got a nice body kit, and his exhaust makes it sound like a Ferrari.

cheetah?

supercharged F from Sp performance

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was a glorious sound it made, i was really impressed, if i ever pluck up the courage to void my warranty its the one id go for without doubt does it still have the facility for the exhaust flap to be fitted?

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Mike200SEi said:

Yep, it was.

The Panther was a lookalike SP Cheetah, but from a dealership in Kent (Fairfield, Fairchild, Fair something or other anyway). Has the Cheetah bodykit (called the Cobra kit these days, sold through Brown and Gammons), SP exhaust (a.k.a. Miltek), Mike Satur F-ONE rear boot spoiler and i think, the Saftey Devices roll hoops and Mike Satur leather trim. They never sold very many, meaning that this one is vary very rare indeed. Nice to hear there is at least one of these 'unofficial limited editions' still around, and it is a car that i, in my new role as Archivist for the MG Car Club F Register am particularly interested in - any chance you can get the owner to PM / eMail me?

·
Registered
837 Posts
if i ever pluck up the courage to void my warranty
Thats what I did, and I dont regret a minute! It changed the car altogether! Mine does away with the exhaust flap, it just becomes disconnected.

Ian

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Technically the exhaust system is only covered for the first year anyway (manufacturers' warrantee - fit for purpose etc.) Beyond this it is listed as a consumable item (years 2 & 3 are with a 3rd party warrantee company), like tyres, brake pads / discs etc.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Flanners said:
That sounds great can you confirm what exhaust that is? How much is it? Cheers
Dave Morris`s (T6 DCM) is a Miltek (I think) around £275-£300.

Sure Dave will be along to confirm.

PS.

Dave, Mine sort of sounds the same, more so on overrun!.

Mark.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what happens to the evc valve on aftermarket exhausts? does aftermarket exhausts facilitate the bolt on section for the valve or does it all just get tucked away in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Yep, don't know of an aftermarket system with the valve. The two are diametrically opposed, the valve is to reduce noise and the aftermarket system is to make noise.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Mike200SEi said:

Get a nice set of pictures of it. It really is something rare, although the Cheetah is the real thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts