MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer the age old question of why, when you fart under the water in the bath, why does it smell far worse than if you did it in the open air?

Is it because it is concentrated under water, whereas it would be discipated more in air??

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I do believe you have answered your own question..............

I find it is always a waste unless the bath is shared! :bgrin2: next best thing to a 'dutch oven'

R

·
0 Posts
Steve McF said:
Can anyone answer the age old question of why, when you fart under the water in the bath, why does it smell far worse than if you did it in the open air?
The same applies to the shower, too.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Richard Moss said:
The same applies to the shower, too.
Surely the power of the jets slices the fart cloud to ribbons?

c'mon TJ, you must be lurking somewhere with a good reason.........

·
Registered
484 Posts
can a fart be lit outside a bath with a match? coz its methane isnt it? its suppose to be flammable, although i wouldnt want to find out!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Dat_Man said:
can a fart be lit outside a bath with a match? coz its methane isnt it? its suppose to be flammable, although i wouldnt want to find out!
A good chance you'll set fire to your gonads!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
boxwellm said:
Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody elucidate on the phrase 'dutch oven'? Or perhaps, is ignorance best?
A man of your standing and renowned intelligence? I thought you would have known :lol:

'Dutch Oven' is the term used for sharing the 'bowel venting' to your loved one under the duvet! :bgrin2:

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
H2O, in the form of water vapour, easily attaches to methane molecules by the chlorine atom, or the sulfur released from bacteria making the foul smell more readily attach to the nostril lining, subsequently sustaining the odour longer than in a dry climate. In addition, warm vapors will cause any crusted mucus to soften and disengage, providing more surface area within the sinuses. And lastly, (if you are male) the qualitive factor of "worse" is a perception of foreign gases - as to our own emissions, the qualitive factor is "better."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts