MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Broon,

I saw on a pic of yours that I have the same exhaust. My question is, the belt that goes round the box, how did you shorten/tighten it. My exhaust keeps rattling and vibrating when standing, and its a bit embarrassing.

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Hey Broon,

I saw on a pic of yours that I have the same exhaust. My question is, the belt that goes round the box, how did you shorten/tighten it. My exhaust keeps rattling and vibrating when standing, and its a bit embarrassing.

Thanks

Sam
The strap goes round the exhaust and is connected to a bracket, this bracket is then bolted to the botton nut on the cat.

You can tighten the strap were it connects to this bracket via a 13mm nut (Think it's 13mm anyway).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have the Janspeed one, which i think is similar as Janspeed made the Xpower ones.
The silencer itself is slightly smaller than the original item, therefore you cannot use the original strap. You should have had one with the Xpower exhaust. Unfortunately the one that comes with the Janspeed items is not very good, so i ended up useing bits from both. I used the strap from the janspeed and the bracket that bolts to the cat flange fro mthe genuine item. Mine has been good as gold since! :)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Straps with exhausts must be quite hit and miss, as the one with my Milltek wasn't big enough, Techspeed had to drill a new hole further out to fit mine. :)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
I have the Xpower box, and I don't use any strap, tried to modify the oe one but gave up. Not had any problems with it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't think it is an essential, but just helps balance the weight between the 2 flanges of the cat so it is not all on the passenger side!

Since securing mine back up i have a lurvely vibration ataround 2150rpm thats sends a tingle up yer bum! :lol:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No... complete freeby dude!! :lol:

I think it hould have come with the car as standard! Instead of tearing down the roads you'll find me backing traffic up doing 2150rpm everywhere! :lol:

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I have the Xpower box, and I don't use any strap, tried to modify the oe one but gave up. Not had any problems with it.
I wasn't going to bother with mine but it was a bit on the wonk and that just made it sit level. downside is with the backbox made level that made the tailpipes look on the wonk! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts