MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went into friarsgate yesterday pete.
after speaking very highly of the 2 service girls, both went there yesterday :eyes: , but the woman who was helped brilliantly and got nick for me.
nick is an mg mechanic, a good friend of mine. so i asked him about them. he hasnt had time to take any apart yet seeing as they arent a part that regularly breaks, but believes to get the illumination u will need som ewiring behind th4e dash.

but basic swapping of knb controls we couldnt test either as they only have on e revised 05 build tf in stock at the moment. its a bittersweet tf and jeanette the salesperson has it as a demonstrator and it was her day off!!!!

BUT, he did say as soon as he gets time he will try and swap one over.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a friend at MG @ Warrington and i will be collecting my o5 knobs on monday morning. If they fit then i will pay for them and then look at the lighting. when i spoke to the guy at parts he said they may illumintate as standard as on the system the 04 heater controls are the same as 05. only difference he said was the graphics of the indications for hot/cold etc and the knobs. Will let you all know on monday.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
lam7r said:
I have a friend at MG @ Warrington and i will be collecting my o5 knobs on monday morning. If they fit then i will pay for them and then look at the lighting. when i spoke to the guy at parts he said they may illumintate as standard as on the system the 04 heater controls are the same as 05. only difference he said was the graphics of the indications for hot/cold etc and the knobs. Will let you all know on monday.
nice one lam7r :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
lam7r said:
Unfortunately they are not - see:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=66885&page=2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Short of maybe adapting the 05 knobs. I am getting one on monday anyway as not paying for it so will have a go at maybe removing the countersunk bit with a file etc.

Put me down for some of kevs anyway tho.

P.S i am chasing upu that PDF still for you Deano. He forgot to send it last week and gone away for a week now but will get it soon. Sorry for delay

·
Registered
637 Posts
It looks like the 05MY control guts are lifted from Rover 200 / 25/ ZR 04MY,(they use shorter knobs though) so maybe down to the scrappy and get some from an old shape rover 200, transfer the graphics with a few mods from existing F / TF and then fit the new knobs.... Might be work playing arround with that idea. Other than that, order a complete heater control pack.....

·
Registered
mg_tf
26 Posts
Hi all - the Tf 05 heater knobs are a direct fit on older TF's and the illumination does work with no wiring or mods.I fitted them on mine easy.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wonder if very late TF's have the same heater control guts as 05MY. Will look into that. The TF I used on the other thread was in fact a 02 reg, so getting on for 3 years old. I think the way to check is they my well have revised control graphics. If this is the case, there must be a definate VIN change point that we can issue with regards to dirrect replacement knobs...

How old is your TF tony n?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is an 03 m8 and they were a direct fitment. The guy in parts said that they had only just changed the knobs. Maybe after introducing the recessed ones made a change? not sure.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
The guy at Phoenix in Hatfield yesterday seemed to say (it was part of a multiway conversation) that there were 3 different style of knobs. My '04 TF135 swapped correctly for '05 TF120 heater controls.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ah ha. Just posted on the other thread that I was to buy this am!! Now looks as if there is a possibility that, say 02, heater dimensions are different as was reported a long time ago.

Sounds like a confusing scenario emerging, but becoming clearer. Both different camps might be right, just looking at different model years?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts