MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Change the "ZS face" / power micro-exposure exposure MG3 new report

2017 年 16 月 13 日 16:17 Source: Car House Type: Original Edit:Diao Hao

Recently, we from the Ministry of Industry and the Ministry of Industry to obtain the new MG3 models of the declaration of information . According to the picture, the new car mainly for the front part of the shape of the more adjustments, using the MG and ZS models similar to the family before the face, compared to cash models more fashionable. Power, the new car will continue to carry 1.3L and 1.5L two naturally aspirated engine , but the maximum output power slightly improved.

Appearance , the new MG3 front air grille from the previous V-type design to the shield-shaped chrome border + black honeycomb with the style of the network, chrome border on both sides of the headlamps connected with the angle. At the same time, the new car headlamps group has also been redesigned, pick the trend with the lens, making the new car "eyes" more sharp. In addition, the new car front bumper lower air intake also uses a new design, the overall style of more sporty atmosphere.

In the rear part of the new car's taillight group, the lamp chamber has been redesigned, and the lines on the door of the tail door have been modified to make the edges more clear. In addition, the new car door switch was moved to the tailgate seams, and then the bumper style also changed. In addition, according to the different models, the new car will also be equipped with black / white roof, 14/15/16 inch steel or aluminum alloy wheels and so on.

According to the previous exposure of the spy photos of the interior, the new MG3 facelift a more sporty three-spoke steering wheel, while it is also for the air-conditioning knob to adjust the style, the rest of the cash changes compared to cash. In terms of power, the new MG3 will follow the existing 1.3L / 1.5L two naturally aspirated engine , the maximum output power of 96.5 horsepower (71kW) and 111.5 horsepower (82kW), compared to cash increased by 4.5 horsepower and 2.5 horsepower. In terms of transmission systems, it is expected that the new car will continue to match the 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT gearbox . (Text / car home Diao Hao)

Source URL:

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201704/900917.html

Sadly it doesn't look like the new 1.0T engine is going to be released in this car.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kind of looks like the Fiesta with the front overhang

The front end kind of reminds me of the Ford Fiesta, especially with the long front overhang:

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more rear spoiler or side skirts - at least on these cars

Looks like they have got rid of the side skirts and the rear top spoiler - at least on these cars.

At least the rear wiper is still there!

Cheers..

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Hmm really not sure. Quite like the front end not so sure on the rear. Bonnet looks a lot longer though than the outgoing model. Wonder if the facelift will be long enough to enter the BTCC when it's released and scrap the 6.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Looks like they have got rid of the side skirts and the rear top spoiler - at least on these cars.

At least the rear wiper is still there!

Cheers..
Bear in mind it's likely a Chinese production car so they might be added on for the UK.

Does look a bit like two different vehicles stuck together though. Would need to see it in the metal to make my mind up.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Shame it isn't getting the 1.0t engine, shame it isn't at least getting the new 1.5 with 120bhp that's going in the Small SUV. It does seem odd the 1.0t has never materialized considering SAIC had involvement in its development. And that nearly ever engine they have designed so far have been pretty much only used for one model. What make a 1.5t a 1.3, 1.5 and second 1.5 with more horsepower but no turbo. It's all rather odd really. Let's not even get started on the Tci tech and derv in the 6. Something just doesn't add up at all.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Shame it isn't getting the 1.0t engine, shame it isn't at least getting the new 1.5 with 120bhp that's going in the Small SUV. It does seem odd the 1.0t has never materialized considering SAIC had involvement in its development. And that nearly ever engine they have designed so far have been pretty much only used for one model. What make a 1.5t a 1.3, 1.5 and second 1.5 with more horsepower but no turbo. It's all rather odd really. Let's not even get started on the Tci tech and derv in the 6. Something just doesn't add up at all.
What do you mean? Why doesn't it add up? The 1.8 K series is still used...

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
What do you mean? Why doesn't it add up? The 1.8 K series is still used...
None of the engines they have so far produced and stuck in the cars are that competitive either on power emissions or tax cost. They seem to be developing different engine for nearly ever car instead of developing decent power outputs and emissions.

The K series exists if the Tci Tech which is no longer sold here in the UK because it was an uncompetitve engine in the wrong car at the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the shape of the MG3 as it is. I would not tempted at all to buy the new shape. If this is to be the new shape, I am glad I purchase mine in time to drive what I consider to be an outstanding, prestige, exclusive shaped MG3. The current shape stands out from the crowd and gets many admirers.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
My biggest issue is the 3 has been out here since what 2011?
It really is due a complete revamp not just effectively graft the front end of the small SUV onto it and redesign the rear end slightly.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The platform is still quite new..

My biggest issue is the 3 has been out here since what 2011?
It really is due a complete revamp not just effectively graft the front end of the small SUV onto it and redesign the rear end slightly.
I suppose they are only doing similar to what Rover did with the Metro when they released the R6 instead of the AR6.

Rover Metro 100 history : AROnline

Cheers..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.