MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else had discovered, like me, that their front indicator units, on facelift model Rover 75, have filled with water? If so...

1. Have you solved the problem?

2. How did you do it?

3. How did you remove the units without damaging them?

My initial thought was to drill small drainage holes top and bottom.

Rover 75, 04 Facelift, 2ltr Diesel Automatic.

I'd appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give.

Thanking you in advance,

Simon

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
- - - I was wondering if anyone else had discovered, like me, that their front indicator units, on facelift model Rover 75, have filled with water? If so...

1. Have you solved the problem?

2. How did you do it?

3. How did you remove the units without damaging them?

- - - - -
Very common problem. I personally believe there was a manufacturing fault, a failure to seal the two halves properly. Even 'new' ones can leak.

1. Had mine replaced twice under warranty. If that's not possible, you will have to try a DIY fix. There are lots of suggestions on this and other forums. Silicone sealant is easiest, though some people have drilled a vent hole at the top and attached a pipe to stop water getting in. I wouldn't drill a drain at bottom. Likely to fill rather than drain. Try a keyword search on this and other forums. Lots of ideas around.

2. See above.

3. They are removed from inside the bumper after squeezing together the metal clips on the lamp, attached inside the bumper. You must first remove the flimsy plastic panel joining the front edge of the bumper to the front edge of the wheel arch liner. Just Philips type screws I think. The bulb holder has a seal /O-ring and is bayonet fitting.

TC

·
Registered
rover_75
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-Cut... Thank you for your kind reply. I will research a little more, as you suggested, before I get to grips with the fault.

At least I can remove them without breaking them now!

Thanks again

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do all facelift models have "auto lights on" or only rain sensing wipers. And can you retro fit "auto lights" . A different rotary switch I presume?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts