MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,220 Posts
The correct one for the facelift cars is RGN000021, and the one for the earlier cars is 'No Longer Available', so you have to use the later part number anyway ;).

Where a year is referenced in the parts description, it refers to the model year of the vehicle, not the year of manufacture. It is usual for the new model year spec cars to begin production in the Autumn of the preceding year. In the case of the facelift 25/ZR, they were designated 2005 model year cars even though production started in May/June 2004.

You can also tell whether it covers your car from the serial number reference in the description - this is the six digit number at the end of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) which is on the VIN plate in the passenger door shut, and will also be found on the V5C.

If you do not have access to a suitable extraction tool and/or a bench press, they are a right barsteward to remove! Without the proper Rover special tool (no longer available, and very expensive when it was) it is probably easiest to remove the whole H Frame and use a v. large hammer and a suitable diameter scrap socket or short piece of pipe to thrash the old ones out. Once they start to move, they usually come out OK, but getting them started can involve the loss of a considerable amount of sweat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The correct one for the facelift cars is RGN000021, and the one for the earlier cars is 'No Longer Available', so you have to use the later part number anyway ;).

Where a year is referenced in the parts description, it refers to the model year of the vehicle, not the year of manufacture. It is usual for the new model year spec cars to begin production in the Autumn of the preceding year. In the case of the facelift 25/ZR, they were designated 2005 model year cars even though production started in May/June 2004.

You can also tell whether it covers your car from the serial number reference in the description - this is the six digit number at the end of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) which is on the VIN plate in the passenger door shut, and will also be found on the V5C.

If you do not have access to a suitable extraction tool and/or a bench press, they are a right barsteward to remove! Without the proper Rover special tool (no longer available, and very expensive when it was) it is probably easiest to remove the whole H Frame and use a v. large hammer and a suitable diameter scrap socket or short piece of pipe to thrash the old ones out. Once they start to move, they usually come out OK, but getting them started can involve the loss of a considerable amount of sweat.
Thank you very much! :) I think this might be a job I’ll put off until I do the rear shocks, but I can order the right parts :) many thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts