MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,614 Posts
I honestly think that this could signal the end for F1 in this country.
I only have Sky to get the F1, although the Mrs benefits from all the other channels.
What really annoys me, is paying over 50 a month AND having to put up with masses of adverts too.
Viewing figures are on the decline, and rightly so, it's not the spectacle it's once was, they should be doing more to encourage an increase in viewing figures, not locking out people. It's all about Eccelstone's greed.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
to be fair skys coverage has been pretty awesome.

They are leagues above anyone else when it comes to sports coverage. Not seen any adverts on the live broadcasts either.

That said, at the moment sky sports f1 is free on the hd package.
if it goes behind the sky sports package i won't be buying it.

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
Won't really be much different to terrestrial coverage today.

They will cover the British GP live and have highlights of the rest on free to air channels. It will only be the few other GP's C4 will show live that will go from free to air.

Tend to recrd and start watching an hour or so after its started to then speed through the dull bits and usually end up live by the end.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
to be fair skys coverage has been pretty awesome.

They are leagues above anyone else when it comes to sports coverage. Not seen any adverts on the live broadcasts either.

That said, at the moment sky sports f1 is free on the hd package.
if it goes behind the sky sports package i won't be buying it.
Sky subscribers since April 2013 have needed the full Sky Sports package in order to get the F1 channel and HD pack if you want it in HD, it is only those with the legacy HD pack that subscribed before then that can still receive it.

Several people were caught out when changing packages as the F1 channel disappeared on them.

I have just received notice that my package is going up by £5 per month from June which will bring it to £92 per month. :( As a non-football fan I feel partially aggrieved...

Won't really be much different to terrestrial coverage today.

They will cover the British GP live and have highlights of the rest on free to air channels. It will only be the few other GP's C4 will show live that will go from free to air.

Tend to recrd and start watching an hour or so after its started to then speed through the dull bits and usually end up live by the end.
There will be a huge difference as someone who enjoys the pre and post race coverage, missing the views from the other side will be huge loss.

If they use Pick to air F1, well Pick is in SD only at the moment and they will no doubt use any coverage to try and upsell their products.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Sky subscribers since April 2013 have needed the full Sky Sports package in order to get the F1 channel and HD pack if you want it in HD, it is only those with the legacy HD pack that subscribed before then that can still receive it.

Several people were caught out when changing packages as the F1 channel disappeared on them.

I have just received notice that my package is going up by £5 per month from June which will bring it to £92 per month. :( As a non-football fan I feel partially aggrieved...
Huh, Guess I have a legacy HD package.

Really ****ed off at the price increase.
I nearly left sky earlier this year and moved on to a new deal to save some money.
Now the new deal is the same price as the one I left.

I'd go to BT-TV in a second, but i don't have an arial at the moment, it blew down in a storm years ago. The cost of putting one in negates the savings of switching.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't give the owners of News Corp / Sky the time of day, not nice people at all. I forgive most things, but not their corrupt practices.
However, they are welcome to F1, as has been said, it's a declining spectacle and until things change, I'll be spending my hard earned following the real racing - BTCC - Brands Hatch here we come! :grin:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't give the owners of News Corp / Sky the time of day, not nice people at all. I forgive most things, but not their corrupt practices.
However, they are welcome to F1, as has been said, it's a declining spectacle and until things change, I'll be spending my hard earned following the real racing - BTCC - Brands Hatch here we come! :grin:

F1 recently is far better than it has been for a while imo.

ITs better than the mid noughties when there were no overtakes and it was a procession from start to finish.

1 and 2 may be dominated by merc atm, and red bull befor them, but the midfield is more competative than ever

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,852 Posts
Doesn't bother me as I have an openbox so get every sky channel plus lots of others and dont pay a penny, I also have an ap on my Samsung phone that gives me all sky sports, bt sports, eurosports etc again free.
Sky is a massive rip off and how they are allowed to monopolise everything they fancy stinks but that's down to back handlers and our government.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts