MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F looks like a proper little British sports car with its cute headlights and smooth lines whereas the front of the TF looks far too plasticky and cheap to me and a few of the colours are pretty nasty too!

Yep, the TF looks like a Daewoo version of an MGF.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The F looks like a proper little British sports car with its cute headlights and smooth lines whereas the front of the TF looks far too plasticky and cheap to me and a few of the colours are pretty nasty too!

Yep, the TF looks like a Daewoo version of an MGF.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion?
F wins hands down in profile, but i prefer the look of the TF from the front and rear - the squarer bumpers and pointy lights give it much more presence.
The F is just TOO cutesy in the styling department - I can see why the public at large see it as a 'womans car'

I went for an F-Tf update.....best of both styling worlds that way :D

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
620 Posts
Stevens' TF design is the best facelift in the history of the company.

And the TF is the car the F should have been.

·
Registered
mgf
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you really be interested in other views? Starting by telling TF owners that their car looks like a Daewoo will possibly restrict replies to people who can't afford the new models.

I'd be more interested in a discussion on the real differences like totally replaced suspension, body stiffening, headlamps that don't need replacing to get through MOTs etc
That's a bit snooty isn't it? Claiming people who've got an F are paupers compared to TF owners, I really don't think that is the case, I know I bought an F cos I liked the way it looked not because of it's price, I would never have bought a TF.
I suspect the reason you'd prefer to discuss mechanical differences is because you know the TF isn't as pretty and reminders of this make you cry into your tractor faced (yet possibly reliable) monstrosity.

·
Registered
mgf
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*Yawn* Is there a moderator with a tube of thread lock in the house? :dddc::D
It's just a bit of fun! I'm not having a stab at your kids for gods sake! And I really would like to know the general consensus regarding looks but just for FUN. I don't hate you because you drive a TF, I just want to know why you prefer it over the F as I think it's ugly and unless you're racing then sports cars are supposed to be pretty.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
It's just a bit of fun! I'm not having a stab at your kids for gods sake! And I really would like to know the general consensus regarding looks but just for FUN. I don't hate you because you drive a TF, I just want to know why you prefer it over the F as I think it's ugly and unless you're racing then sports cars are supposed to be pretty.
Why? Ok the honest answer I chose the TF over the F was that we had a TF in stock :)

But I think the F has more girly lines to it than the aggressive look of the TF.

There, an honest answer.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts