MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what you F/TF owners would like to see a reasonable repaint done for,both in repaint and colour change repaint terms?
A top end paintshop would be £2000 tops for a class job,maybe more on a colour change.
With a little thought and careful choice in both materials and methods that same job could be done far cheaper and just as well.
I know theres many factors like colours used can change costs a lot

Was just wondering what people would want doing and how much they consider paying as a fair budget price?
I would think about each example given and see if it could be possible!

More for my own thoughts than anything.

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
Its a difficult one as especially with an older F, the lower value of the car would make a respray uneconomic, unless you wanted to keep the car a long time.

Thinking about small area repair costs in comparison, what sort of job could be done for around £1000, assuming the colour was not changed?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PINK MGF PLEASE!!!!

:lol:
So thats a colour change repaint,minimum budget,inside and out,lady penelope rolls royce pink?

:lol: i'm seriously thinking of doing a few budget repaints in my spare time over the summer to reduce global warming or debt or something,the F/TF is ideal for me because its easy and small!

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
So thats a colour change repaint,minimum budget,inside and out,lady penelope rolls royce pink?

:lol: i'm seriously thinking of doing a few budget repaints in my spare time over the summer to reduce global warming or debt or something,the F/TF is ideal for me because its easy and small!
At least there is no roof to paint:broon:

But pink should be banned.

·
Banned
4,837 Posts

I think it is a great idea!

If you gave me enough notice, a student discount & a family discount I'd be on board! Oh I've always dreamed of having a pink car! :cloud9:

I suppose I could also be your case example if you wanna build a personal portfolio to attract new customers.

But seriously, I think it is a fab idea, if you are sensible like Russell the head gasket man & undercut everyone else then it could be a nice little earner! :broon:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a difficult one as especially with an older F, the lower value of the car would make a respray uneconomic, unless you wanted to keep the car a long time.

Thinking about small area repair costs in comparison, what sort of job could be done for around £1000, assuming the colour was not changed?

Exactly my thinking,the guys love their F/TF's,some aren't worth a great deal,its honestly not that hard to do a decent same colour outside repaint for £500 or less,you'd probably gain a good percentage in value after.

£1000 would go a long way and I would think be the ceiling end of my thoughts scale,i.e colour changing including shuts under bonnet etc.

i'm looking at a £500 - £1000 budget scale in mind

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
Exactly my thinking,the guys love their F/TF's,some aren't worth a great deal,its honestly not that hard to do a decent same colour outside repaint for £500 or less,you'd probably gain a good percentage in value after.

£1000 would go a long way and I would think be the ceiling end of my thoughts scale,i.e colour changing including shuts under bonnet etc.

i'm looking at a £500 - £1000 budget scale in mind
That is good value for money and your album shows the quality of your work as well:broon:

You may be busy this summer:lol:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it is a great idea!

If you gave me enough notice, a student discount & a family discount I'd be on board! Oh I've always dreamed of having a pink car! :cloud9:

I suppose I could also be your case example if you wanna build a personal portfolio to attract new customers.

But seriously, I think it is a fab idea, if you are sensible like Russell the head gasket man & undercut everyone else then it could be a nice little earner! :broon:

possible something along them lines,was looking round an old F at work the other day when my ever dim lightbulb of ideas went ping

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One thing would be 'upgrading' HAM green to HFF green.

If I ever get Nando's bodywork fixed up, I'd be looking for a refresh on the paint (same colour outside panels).

A simple job indeed! obviously i'm going on existing paintwork being sound and suitable,small scratches/dents chips etc would be included,anything needing more would have to be a little more.

a definiite £500 end of the scale.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
A simple job indeed! obviously i'm going on existing paintwork being sound and suitable,small scratches/dents chips etc would be included,anything needing more would have to be a little more.

a definiite £500 end of the scale.
I will bear you in mind! Although I may still strip the little bugger and be done with it!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts