MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to change my email to login to this site due to TalkTalk shutting down legacy emails from all the old companys they had bought over the years unless we pay a fee to use their email service or sign up to one of the services they provide, really crappy behaviour but what can you do against these horid companies.

Anyway, although to change my email on here was very easy I think an extra step needs to be installed, although I received an email to my old account saying that my email had been changed with the email it has changed too was and the IP address I think if in the unlikly event a hacker gets into my accound and tries to change the email then an email should be sent to the old address first with a confirmation link asking you to login with the old credentials first before the change is made and then asking you to confirm the new email after this with another email link.

I may be missing something but it just felt too easy to do at first but i'm no expert, just though I would flag up my thoughts first on here.

·
Administrator
cityrover
960 Posts
Where you able to make the changes? I am used to hate mail that says we have more security than the complaining party's bank.
-Philip

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, yes it was done with ease, I just found that it was easy to change if someone had my credentials and locked me out, I would not be notified but its not like its facebook or anything, hate mail for too much security though?, weirdos, thank you for the reply though.

·
Administrator
cityrover
960 Posts
Lol, yes it was done with ease, I just found that it was easy to change if someone had my credentials and locked me out, I would not be notified but its not like its facebook or anything, hate mail for too much security though?, weirdos, thank you for the reply though.
Those credentials are secured on our end, so it would take quite a process to compromise. We also have our own agent assigned specifically for policy related claims like this. So even in the worst or weirdests circumstance- we've got you covered :)

-Gerrit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts