MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
443 Posts
I agree check with Rimmers first, but have you tried inserting the sleeve and then put a clip on the spigot and just nip it up to see if it grips the sleeve? If Rimmers say it's OK and your still not happy you could return the item or stick them in with a smear of 2 pack.

· Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
443 Posts
Maybe someone on here works for Rimmers or Rimmers may even be a member on here under another name, who knows. I do know that companies today who don't monitor social media about themselves or the market they work in are at a disadvantage.
Personally, I feel it's about time Rimmers stepped up and offered a solution or at the very least an explanation of how this item is designed? to work. Perhaps pisxa should make Rimmers aware of this thread and the resultant negative publicity they are getting.

· Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
443 Posts
Below is a copy of the email I sent to Rimmers on the 28/10 their response is a deafening silence, which I think shows their complete indifference to customer concerns. They are now definitely on my list of suppliers of last resort only, the picture that pixsa posted beggars belief that anyone thought that was fit for purpose.
Hi,
I don't know if you are aware (if not why) but there is a thread on the MG-Rover org forum about your replacement for the TF expansion tank which following the thread appears unfit for purpose. This does appear to reflect badly on your company as does your apparent indifference to your customers concerns, being a new TF owner myself it will certainly make me think twice.
Regards
Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts