MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then my little lovelies!!!!

My dad has just told me that he is going to buy me an exhaust for my little f - how nice is that eh!

I decided to reverse into the post in the carpark on friday, i grazed the bumper a bit and it really ANNOYED me as it's the first time in 5 years I've ever done anything ike that....so my dad thought it woul'd be nice to cheer me up.

I've got a budget of £250, anyone got any ideas?

I want something smooth, sleaky and sexy!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
M77XNE said:
funny enough I've been looking at the blue flame systems.

Why do you think it's on ebay, do you think that there might be something wrong with it?
No??....... Its NEW, the seller IS Blueflame!!...

Had one of their systems on my old `F`....... Well made, nice sound, looked good!!

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,711 Posts
Andie B said:
Hun, just steal Sharky's TT exhaust of his TF... I WANT THAT!!!! Sexy and noisy and growwwwwwllllllllll!
must admit it sounds goooooooooorgeous, followed him to the cotswolds yesterday and can even FEEL it through my clutch pedal at junctions!!!!:D

G

·
Tim F said:
must admit it sounds goooooooooorgeous, followed him to the cotswolds yesterday and can even FEEL it through my clutch pedal at junctions!!!!:D
Tim, my love, stop it now! I am getting excited at the remembered sound of the TT exhaust..........!!! I may have to steal Sharky's myself while he's busy signing autographs at Silverstone!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Mgfdude said:
anyone got a sound clip of this exhaust??
Mine sounded/looked like the Daytona!..... Much louder than standard (but not Milltek loud), nice `rasp` when you press the loud pedal, and awesome note on over-run!!..:D

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Well, If you want to stay well under budget I have a Mike Satur Daytona for sale, or will have in a day or two. It came off my old car after the accident (no damage to it at all). It's obviously second hand but is still a great system, and the sound....oh the sound!!! I am gutted to have to get rid really but the new motor already has a later version of the Daytona on it so it seems daft to swap them (even if the new one does not sound as nice). Anyway, I'm just going over it with the polish some time this week and it will be ready to go. Yours for a piffling £125. Yep, just £125!!!

PS. What year is your F Max?

G

·
Supersonic said:
Wholeheartedly agree, see avvy for pic. Nice and quiet on tick-over and slow speeds - but give it some welly..........:drool:
Must have a listen to yours sometime, Nige...!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thanks for all the advice, I've got a little something in the pipeline at the moment - Wink Wink Phil!

(Phil I also think that your exhaust is the one i used to have on my f before my CAT decided to break up into a thousand pieces!!!)

On my car at the mo I've got a stainless steal flexi pipe, would this be the cause of the NASTY NASTY rasping noise it makes? What would stop this? (maybe a normal flexi pipe?)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts