MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the K series supposed to sound like. I can't work out whether my exhaust is blowing at the front or if it's just how the K series sounds.

When revving the engine or if I put the car in a low gear and put my head out of the window I can hear what sounds like a mild blowing from the front under/around the engine, but I'm just not sure whereabouts.

Does anyone elses engine sound like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get a mate to hold his hand over the tail pipe, & you crawl & check the length of the pipe.

For the record, the 2 k series ive had did tend to sound a little blowy, shortly before the back box fell off!

Andy

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have a guy I know who works at national tyres have a quick look at it, but couldn't see a problem. He said it 'might' be slightly blowing from the flexi pipe tho as it' a common prob on 200's.

I'm still unsure of whether it would be worth changing the downpipe or if the car is supposed to sound like that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Every 'K' series I've had, or driven are....throaty (for want of a better word), and you'd swear this was a slight exhaust blow. Also replacement exhausts, I find, are getting noisier and noisier, think the wall thickness is pretty thin sometimes.

Having said that the flexible pipe bit does go. is the cross lattice of wires over the flexible bit still intact? When they tend to disintegrate you can see the actual flexible bit, and generally the condition of it. flexible downpipe is about £50 to fit yourself from Motor Factor (Bosal)

CAM

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Hang on, O'm thinking of the downpipe for the 2.0, not the K-series...dunno how much a K' series downpipe is!

CAM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts