MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car hit from behind in Nottingham the other day. Slow collision and I was stationary. No visivle damage at all, but on filling the tank yesterday noticed fuel p...ing out all over the place, slowing down to a trickle after a while.

Took it in to Luffield Derby on spec today, within an hour told me it was a fuel seal damaged to the tank and that it was no longer safe to drive. Within 4 hours had a call to say all done, excellent service !

Showroom nice and tidy, with a 75 V8 on show, only others were a TF and a 25, pity no 45's, ZR, ZS, ZT or City Rover so not showing off the range, but their space is tight.

Well impressed with the service ! :bgrin:

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
daholmes said:
Had my car hit from behind in Nottingham the other day. Slow collision and I was stationary. No visivle damage at all, but on filling the tank yesterday noticed fuel p...ing out all over the place, slowing down to a trickle after a while.

Took it in to Luffield Derby on spec today, within an hour told me it was a fuel seal damaged to the tank and that it was no longer safe to drive. Within 4 hours had a call to say all done, excellent service !

Showroom nice and tidy, with a 75 V8 on show, only others were a TF and a 25, pity no 45's, ZR, ZS, ZT or City Rover so not showing off the range, but their space is tight.

Excellent news. It would be nice if you wrote to MG Rover direct, or e-mail them via their website to let them know how good a service Luffield Derby are doing. People are all too keen to complain, but rarely compliment.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Luffield (Derby) are wicked, I bought my car from them and the service I recieved (especially the repect as a 22 year old looked at ZS's) was fantastic, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a MR or Rover and servicing one too!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I used Luffield in Loughborough for the first time on the last service on my Trophy 160 and I was impressed with the quality of the work carried out.

I will certainly be using them again even though final bill came to
£1500 :eek:mg:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having only just become the more and more impressed owner of a ZT-T 190+ and after nearly 5 years of Volvo Services at a great dealer in Melton Mowbray I was a touch on the nervous side when I left my new baby with Luffield in Sunny Loughborough - Well, what can I say - excellent service, nice loan car - I had mentioned that the clutch squarked occasionally (I've read all the posts on this site since!) and the rear parking sensor was doing the 5 second bleeeeep - They hung onto the car for an extra day and had completed the 1st 15k service, new clutch/flywheel,etc - sorted the Rear Parking Sensor ... The most amazing thing for me was the cost ... Originally quoted £180 ... Came to pay the grand total of £133!!!! I nearly fell over and couldn't stop grinning on the (now silent - no squarrrrrk!) 1.5 mile drive home ... Only downside was Steering wheel was now not straight ... Taking it in tomorrow AM and they said they will sort it while I wait! What more can you ask ... Why oh why didnt I try the MG years ago !!!

G

·
Now that is service. Well done Luffield - I wonder have they thought about expanding from Derby and Loughborough?

Had the ZT CDTi serviced today at Gledhills of Ossett - first year service £70 labour + £28 parts. Well chuffed and the car is much quieter with the X-Power 5/40 fully synthetic oil in. MG Rover would do well to get the smaller dealers lost in the 96 cull back online

·
Registered
440 Posts
I originally bought my car from Speeds of Alfreton, who supposedly did a "shocker recall" on the car shortly after I bought it, to eliminate the noise from the incorrectly filled Rover shock absorbers.

Having seen little or no difference, I was later told by Luffield that no such work was done on it. Speeds MG Rover had closed several months before and I had no comeback on what they had or hadn't done (fortunately my car was still under warranty.)

I have had 2 services and MOTs from Luffield in Derby and have been happy with both.

I was looking at the astronomical official price for a 4 year service for my car and was ready for the worst when I went to book my car in. I was told that I could go with the Luffield prices, as the car was out of warranty, it would be £200 less than the official MGR service. Granted, they don't change as many things as the official service, but they'll keep you car going, which is good enough for me.

I will go there again in September, for my 5 year service and MOT.

·
Registered
360 Posts
daholmes said:

Yeah, Luffield of Derby are very good.
Their parts dept. went to a lot of trouble to get me a wiring harness for my C.D changer ( Thanks again Richard ) when even other dealers said it was unavialable, the staff are friendly and the service is excellent.
Whats more they are very enthusiastic about MGR, just what the marque needs at the moment.

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
John Manson said:
I used Luffield in Loughborough for the first time on the last service on my Trophy 160 and I was impressed with the quality of the work carried out.

I will certainly be using them again even though final bill came to
£1500 :eek:mg:
it's good to see positive feedback on this mg-rover.org approved dealership.

Luffield in Loughborough have excellent mechanics. The labour rate is high, however, and the bureaucracy fearsome...

may I suggest that for a real opinion you should hang around the lock-ups on the other side of Belton Road near the Total garage, see if one is unduly full of MGRs and ask for an opinion off anyone you see there sporting overalls?

pat

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Still haven't found a really good dealer for after sales care in Essex. I'm going to try Whitehouse in Dartford next week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Luffield Departing MGR?

Heard a disconcerting rumour last night, Luffield in Loughborough are dumping MGR and going french (Citroen was mentioned more than a few times). I am told it's been on the books for a while and not connected with recent events ... Damn shame if they do ... Anybody else heard this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts